Search results

1. B

Any good starter near field speakers for £299?

Thinking on trying out speakers since I can use my parents room, as extra room. Wanting near field's since I'm not going to be blasting the room with music. Is there any that are single driver since i might add a woofer to that will also be used on my headphones since there music i have that...
  2. B

I don't get high electrostatic/planar headphones?

Who cares about <0.2% THD when it costs $1200 and needs heavy EQ sound fine?. The Stax L300ltd & others all have -16db roll off starting at 70Hz, The LCDX needs EQ just to sound great since it sound wrong stock. But it always weird when they praise the bass but then get offended when balanced...
  3. B

Fiio E10K ground noise?

Is there any way to fix this?, In a cheap manner.
  4. B

What up with some audiophile groups?

Been noticing quite a lot of misinformation going around. Seen one going around saying that if you EQ the HD6XX, ER4, DT 770, etc they distort with nothing to back those claims?. Do they even read there own posts or that insecure at being told they're wrong.
  5. B

What wen't wrong with MP3?, Why wasn't MP2 pushed instead as the defacto codec?

Been looking up history that Fraunhofer in 1993 when they launched MP3, It was bit of joke. Like touting 128kbps with bad encoders like blade and more. But 3 MP2 encoders were transparent at 192kbps on more content, So I'm like why didn't they just push MP2 more?. Wikipedia said MUSICAM was...
  6. B

High end headphones?, Audiophile woo or just highly overhyped

Going the LCDX thread I've always noticed this in the headphone world. £350 get you way more bangers than anything at £1000 & higher, Headphones with old drivers(DT 770, K702, etc) or okay mesurements(ER3XR/ER4XR) still can rival them & more so with EQ. I'm always skeptic when detail is what run...
  7. B

Autism is just mild schizopherina not it own disorder

TL;DU = Autism is just mild schizopherina that shows up at 3 years old, with slightly different symptoms. Autism was supposedly was going to be classed as Early on set schizophrenia but with mild symptoms. But because of messing around & stigma in the 80s it was just classed as Autism by ones...
  8. B

What do you do when people think their opinions mean more than actual experts?

Spinning of my other comment. I've noticed this a lot in many audiophile sites that are mildly okay with objectivist views. They act seem to love abusing the "We don't understand everything" then explode when shown how silly they are?.
  9. B

Opus support in DAP's & Android apps

Since the new Q1 by shanling, Fiio M6 with neturon player. I don't see the point with AAC/Vorbis when Opus tranparent on much wider set of bit rates. Nice to have a free open codec that tranparent at 96 ~ 140kbps 99.5% of the time. Vorbis/QAAC is quite patchy some stuff needs 256 ~ 320kbps...
  10. B

Speakers vs headphones on THD

Ignoring other aspects, Since headphones can be <1% at 90db on from 20 ~ 20000Hz a lot of the time. Would that mean headphones be cleaner than speakers?.
  11. B

Magnepan woofers vs 12'in DD woofers?

Do the fast speed claims of planar/Estat loudspeakers mainly woofers mean anything, Or is it more than just a simple yes or no?.
  12. B

Sound card and headphone AMP with optical inputs

Since I'm getting loud static from my PC, Would optical cable stop that noise totally?. I don't have a optical out on my motherboard but I'm trying find a £50 sound card with toslink ports and use a PCI-E extender to avoid my 1080ti. Is there any headphone amp with a toslink input?.
  13. B

Non dynamic driver tech

I've always been impressed with them more than dynamic drivers. Easier to get very high ADSR, transient responce & more. Seem a lot of misinfomation about them in many audiophile groups? Like how the Etymotic ER4 can't do bass despite, Being hitting very deep while sounding flat. With Bass EQ...
  14. B

Expensive headphones that sound bad

Doing a headphone & In ear version, Since i don't use speakers. For £500 area the Westone W40 in my view they only shine with ohm adpator + EQ, That not counting the very cheap plastic they use?.
  15. B

Etymotic ER4 : a old king

I have no idea why i never got these sooner, When i got a pair of ER4P/S's of Ebay for £169. They respond very well to bass boost of 6db, They sound fantastic clarity wise and netural while only using one BA driver. With the bass boost(125Hz) i highly doubt anyone could tell them from a few...
Top Bottom