Search results

1. J

Review and Measurements of Massdrop THX AAA 789 Amp

I got used to the way it sounds, now. I am loving it, too.
  2. J

Review and Measurements of Massdrop THX AAA 789 Amp

I just got this device. Significantly less bass than SP200. Sharper treble tho, but not in a good way. I cannot recommend it with HD800s. All the criticism HD800s received over time suddenly becomes true (lack of base, fatigueing treble, weird timbre). With SP200 this wss not the case at all.
  3. J

Topping DX3 Pro+ Review (DAC & Headphone Amp)

I also have liquid spark. In my opinion, dx3+ in DAC mode connected to Liquid Spark as AMP sounded smoother and more natural that dx3+ headphone out. If you try it out, make sure you put the volume to 0 db.
  4. J

SMSL M500 MKII Review (DAC & HP Amp)

result wise, there shouldn't be a difference should there?
  5. J

A buddy of mine reported the same. I think it is the headphone out.
  6. J

my m500 does some weird things in hardware mqa, it becomes louder
  7. J

I have a Dx3 Pro Plus and a M500v2 (fixed 2rd harmonic issue). Both sound indistinguishable in DAC mode. I would expect the M500MK2 will also sound the same. Hardware MQA is a hoax. You can also use software MQA. So if you just want a DAC in DAC mode, no need for the M500 MK2. The cheapest well...
  8. J

Don't listen to me. There is a high chance I am wrong I am a total noob.
  9. J

in my opinion it does not beat a dac+amp combo, but let's see what you say.
  10. J

SMSL M500 headphone out: a bit mid foward but mostly neutral SMSL SP200 with M500 connected: neutral ToppingDX3 Pro+: neutral but sibilance SMSL SP200 with DX3+: neutral Liquid Spark with M500/DX3+: natural sounding Headphone out of my Focusrite 6i6 audio interface: neutral Fiio E10K...
  11. J

Yeah, will make a nice stack with my Liquid Spark AMP. Nice combo.
  12. J

So I went to my Amazon orders. Clicked the return button (only received the unit less than a week ago) on the DX3 order. Message pops up: "This item cannot be returned according to our security policy because it contains gas or liquids." I scratch my head, then call customer support. The guy...
  13. J

No, I don't. I just unplug my headphones from the DAC and plug them into the AMP which has already been connected to the DAC. Then I switch the output target pf the DAC from Headphone out to Line out and the AMP starts playing. It sounds almost identical in terms of neutrality but better in...
  14. J

umm.... could be the word I am looking for ?! ;)
  15. J

Sorry, hiss was the wrong word. I mean a hissing sound caused by certain letters/sounds.
  16. J

Ok, all I can say is this. With my HD58X on max possible listening volume (really loud): - Headphone out causes a scratch in the treble (voices saying "S" or "CH" for example) - Liquid Spark AMP is super smooth with no scratch I think it's the headphone out. Maybe I am wrong here again...
  17. J

My suspicion is that the headphone out has a bit of a treble hiss compared to listening through an AMP in DAC mode. I just connected it to my Monolith Liquid Spark AMP and it sounds smoother with no treble hiss. I will do some more tests and try to reproduce the issue.
  18. J

I got both devices (M500 XLR and DX3 RCA) to sound exactly the same connected to SP200. M500: - Line out - Volume 40 (full volume) - Tidal: System Controlled (Software MQA Decoder) - Volume Slider in Windows 100% DX3: - DAC on / Headphone off - Default (low) gain - Volume 0.0 dB (full volume)...
Top Bottom