Search results

1. BoosedElephant

Why are modern AV Receivers so terrible?

Granted @amirm hasn't performed very many reviews for home theater receivers. His sample size is too small to determine if it is indicative a larger trend within the industry. However, I am seeing multi-thousand dollar receivers measuring terribly. And it's mind blowing to me. I understand...
  2. BoosedElephant

THX AAA 789 and JDS Labs EL DAC II arrives

Just got my THX AAA 789 and JDS Labs EL DAC II in the post. One of the first things I noticed is instrument's being clearly defined and sounds not rolling together. I can hear the void in between sounds. And it's weird, I remember my History of Rock & Roll teacher telling us "quiet" is just...
  3. BoosedElephant

Has anyone heard of Angstrom?

Found a Craigslist post ad for an Angstrom Headphone Amplifier and they're asking $7,500. I have never heard of the brand and wanted to know if something like this is actually worth it's asking price. The Craigslist post has a lot of pictures, including those inside the unit. It is BEEFY...
  4. BoosedElephant

Regarding Balanced Signals and the THX AAA 789 + Other Questions

I asked on Reddit and received somewhat of an answer but I want to cover all of my bases so that I can learn more by asking the question here as well. From what the user on Reddit posted digital signals cannot be balanced, so we'll start with the DAC. Let's assume the following setup...
Top Bottom