Search results

1. D

Anthem AVM70 Review (AV Processor)

Well, that is good news! Thanks for the review, Amir.
  2. D

Anthem AVM60 Review (AV Processor)

@amirm The linearity truncation is weird. I know it is obvious, but any of that Dolby volume leveling nonsense switched on in the settings by default? Could that explain it? Thanks for the review!
  3. D

Review and Measurements of Okto DAC8 8Ch DAC & Amp

Huh, this is interesting info. I had assumed given USB was set to 5.1, and DD decoding was set to 'true', that shield would process the 5.1. I explicitly disabled passthru on all the formats on the shield (DD, DTS etc) when testing with the receiver, and that worked, so I had thought the shield...
  4. D

The Shield 2019 pro has USB audio output - 2.0 up to 192/24, 5.1 up to 48/16. It also decodes DD and DD+ to pcm (and AC3 and AAC I think?). The issue is that the Okto is making ungodly noises on 5.1 (even though it is correctly being seen as 48/16). Tested with HDMI to make sure it wasn't the DD...
  5. D

Yeah, I have written to Pawel for new firmware to see if it corrects my issue with 5.1 from NVIDIA shield not playing correctly. No reply yet. A firmware tool and support forum would be useful.
  6. D

Anthem to introduce new models!

@cbrents73 On the MRX line, I note it says all the amps are 'fully assignable'. Does this mean if we only use them for FX channels, can we decouple the LCR channels from the amplification circuit entirely and avoid clipping when sending to separate power amps? Similar to Denon pre-amp mode on...
  7. D

March Audio Sointuva Speaker

Hmmmm was a long time ago (97), but I remember walking into a room on steel walk way, and my mate spoke to me back to back and I could not hear sound. I will Google RF chamber, not sure what that is. I also remember seeing a coffin-like anechoic box on rollers on YouTube, perhaps you could fab...
  8. D

March Audio Sointuva Speaker

@March Audio Curtin University used to have a pretty good anechoic chamber from recollection in the engineering department, perhaps you could see if you can get time in it?
  9. D

Ascend Acoustics Horizon Center Speaker Review

I will pay you $800 for your magic electronic cloth!
  10. D

What budget speakers you like to see reviewed?

Interestingly Magnat heavily spruik the fact they use Klippel in their design process. I owned a pair of Magnat bookshelves a few years ago, they were nice.
  11. D

Okto 8 Owner’s Thread

Hi All, Has anyone had any luck setting up the AES Okto -> PC -> USB Okto route? I was experimenting with connecting a Nvidia shield into the DAC via USB/AES interface, then using the PC for DSP. The Shield is 16bit 48khz through it's usb. From the manual; Which I indeed encountered until I...
  12. D

What budget speakers you like to see reviewed?

For my own interest, B&W 606. Disclaimer: I currently own some but am very underwhelmed, I will move on soon. I regret the purchase, I am Interested to see (scientifically) if the Emporer is wearing clothes, I bet he ain't ;).
  13. D

Minidsp U-DIO8 USB to AES Converter Review

I have one with Nvidia shield -> UDIO-8 -> Okto Dac8 -> amps. The shield only does 16bit/48khz over usb when using 5.1. I have also tried Shield into USB of Okto. I hear no degradation through use of the UDIO-8, for what it is worth :).
  14. D

I am still waiting, I am order #99. Naturally, the COVID pandemic is messing with global supply chains, Pavel has been good about responding, he said manufacture is back up running, so hopefully soon :)
  15. D

adding VU-meters in the audio chain?

Maybe not the aesthetic you were after, but is as requested by O.P. :). Their XLR switch was reviewed well by Amir recently FWIW
  16. D

I had a reply from Pavel today for an email from last week, so definitely still around.
  17. D

Thanks for the article and advice @mitchco ! It is exactly what I was after. I won't derail this thread with too much more DSP questions, but will definitely start a new thread as they come to me :)
  18. D

Multichannel for plex, netflix etc and stereo for roon, spotify etc. I currently have; 5.1 = Shield -> Denon (also powering non-stereo speakers) -> Musical Fidelity M3i HT bypass for L/R (all using Denons pretty average audessy) 2.0 = Allo DigiOne and linear PSU -> Topping DX7s Dac -> Musical...
  19. D

No worries, thanks for helping with 1st query!
Top Bottom