Search results

1. R

Sabaj A30a announced

What does the WiiM AMP's load dependency have to do with what I wrote about the A30a? Maybe you can elaborate a bit more?
  2. R

Sabaj A30a announced

When a friend recently visited me with his new WiiM AMP and then compared it with the Sabaj A30a, it became clear to me that the difference between this amplifier and other concepts/devices is greater than you might think. The signal is only processed digitally until it is implemented via PWM...
  3. R

Topping PA5 II running hot on idle

And that is exactly the problem. Without specifying the exact temperature, we are moving in a range of at least +/-10°, or more. If you push two people into 30° water, one of us will say "that's pleasant" and the other will say "that's cold". Then there is the experience with other devices. Most...
  4. R

It always makes sense to not place any device on top of an amplifier, but there is no problem with the original feet underneath. The air circulates thanks to the heat anyway and thereby cools the device. The warmer the device gets, the more air circulates. But it doesn't hurt to lift your feet...
  5. R

Amplifier recommendations for Elac Carina bookshelf

You know that the “sound” of devices is a difficult topic here in the forum. Personally, I find it amazing that an all-in-one device like the WiiM AMP, which supplies all sections such as digital, small signal analog and the amplifier from one power supply, where everything is housed in such a...
  6. R

DSD Direct vs non-DSD Direct: Myth or Turth?

And with such a measurement, what would be the point of having an amplifier, loudspeaker and measuring microphone in the signal path? It distorts the measurement and makes it nonsensical. It would make more sense to measure directly at the analog outputs of the DAC.
  7. R

Unfortunately, this is also far too imprecise, as everyone has a different perception of heat. But based on what you said, I would assume 30° - 40°, which would be normal. You don't need to worry about the service life at such temperatures.
  8. R

Amplifier recommendations for Elac Carina bookshelf

From personal experience, I can recommend the Sabaj A30a. The sound is really good, the performance is good and the measured values should correspond to those of the VMV A2. Also one of the few "real" digital amplifiers, so you don't have to worry about a DAC or a DAC upgrade. It has a built-in...
  9. R

What exactly does “hot” mean? Without specifying the temperature, it can be anything from 30° - 70°. By the way, amplifiers require a basic temperature for a stable operating point.
  10. R

ifi Zen blue V2 vs Wiim Pro Plus worth the change?

Is the computing power sufficient for this or will it only be possible with a certain hardware version?
  11. R

Fosi Audio V3 amplifier discussion

If you can get these speakers used cheaply, that's ok, but the 702 floorstanding speaker is currently being traded at similar prices, both used and new. If you want to buy new ones, I would definitely go for the Heco Aurora 300.
  12. R

What is the point of CD rips?

But I can tell you very precisely that such a service, if it is supposed to be reliable, is far too expensive for private things and people with normal incomes. Just take a look at normal cloud storage services and which ones also compensate you if data loss occurs.
  13. R

What is the point of CD rips?

I can only recommend backing up data that you don't want to lose or are not allowed to lose. - on at least 3 different physical media, in addition to the working medium - Only use mechanically well-protected media, no memory cards - Replace media before it reaches MTBF or EOL - All other...
  14. R

Singxer SA-1 Review (Balanced Headphone Amp)

Unfortunately @tom.chen hasn’t been here for over a year.
  15. R

Topping A90 Discrete Review (Headphone Amp & Preamp)

The L70 is really good and the signal is only balanced before the power amplifier. I wouldn't have any concerns with short RCA cables. I once compared the L70 with 70cm long and high-quality XLR and RCA cables (same cable) and couldn't see any difference.
  16. R

Endgame headphones amp

That gets you your money back, you very rarely get an exchange, but then you don't get the devices repaired either. My own experience with 4 devices and over 20 in my circle of friends in the last 5 years. This is particularly annoying if you bought a device on sale, the device has become...
  17. R

Endgame headphones amp

Most users don't realize how little the manufacturers receive per device. And not only the device, but all the costs incurred have to be paid for, but also packaging, operating costs, rent/building, energy, personnel costs, development, measuring equipment park, storage costs, etc. If you...
  18. R

Endgame headphones amp

Driving a car is dangerous, riding a bike is dangerous, walking across the street is even more dangerous, you can read it everywhere. When was the last time you left the house? The written word is patient, no matter the medium. Every device in this world can break, no matter what it costs. But...
  19. R

(Europe) Master Deals Thread on Audio Product Sales

That's a little off topic in this thread. It wasn't about the dealer or the condition of the devices, but rather the general problem of the small signal modules in some topping devices being filled with potting compound. Everyone has to decide for themselves whether to buy such a device.
  20. R

Endgame headphones amp

You should just ignore this thread, the L30 II had nothing to do with it, pure hysteria.
Top Bottom