Search results

1. Haint

Legal fund for Reviewers/Erin?

There's nothing "wishy washy", they flat out state multiple times they don't post negative reviews cause they pre-screen them with the manufacturers, who of course tell them to shelf it.
  2. Haint

Ascend Acoustics Sierra LX Review

My mistake, being an LX thread I assumed he was trying to compare the EX Vs. LX, should have read it more carefully. I'm still unclear on what cleansound has been responding back and forth with though, as I don't believe this is the correction he's been trying to make.
  3. Haint

The similar shades of reds and oranges make the heat maps very difficult to read and compare, the beam width graph is a much better illustration of the same data. And it should be emphasized -6dB is HALF volume, -12dB is QUARTER volume, and -18dB is an EIGHTH the volume, so these are not subtle...
  4. Haint

I'm comparing the Ribbon's dispersion to the Dome's, which says nothing of, and has nothing to do with the lower frequencies. I don't even know how to respond to this, cause I can't even begin to imagine how or where you're getting lost on the notion that a ribbon spraying 86dB across the full...
  5. Haint

The dome tweeter increasingly starts narrowing and beaming in the higher frequencies, ergo the "wider dispersion" of the ribbon is pretty much entirely in the higher frequencies.
  6. Haint

The theory is that the wider dispersion results in a lot more lateral reflections (particularly the higher frequencies), which our ears and brains interpret differently than a "dumb" omni-directional mic does.
  7. Haint

The ribbons much wider dispersion is going to sound brighter and more "detailed", regardless of how similar the measurements may look. Your preference between the 2 will probably vary by content.
  8. Haint

Does Anyone Else Enjoy The Sound From Their Smartphone Speakers?

Samsung's high end tablets (e.g. the Galaxy Tab S9's, excluding the cut down FE) have astonishingly good speakers. I'm talking really really really good, especially the Ultra.
  9. Haint

New Philharmonic HT Centers are Here!

The spin and PIRR are great, but have you considered posting more of the graphs similar to Ascend?
  10. Haint

Unfortunately in one of his recent videos, Erin mentioned he won't be "reviewing" any of these newer Philharmonic models (i.e. releasing his usual assortment of graphs) cause if I understood correctly, Dennis contracted his (presumably measurement) services in the design phase and he feels it...
  11. Haint

Ascend Acoustics Sierra-1 V2 - Review & Measurements by Erin

Higher output potential, and lower compression/distortion would presumably be the gains moving up to the LX, and radically different dispersion characteristics for the 2EX's ribbon tweeter.
  12. Haint

Ascend Acoustics Sierra-1 V2 - Review & Measurements by Erin

The Stage A120's are far from great speakers, both objectively and subjectively. Now the older Arena 120's were absolutely fantastic within their limits, though very lacking in bass of their own by virtue of being sealed 5" bookshelves. The only way I can imagine the Stage 120's holding their...
  13. Haint

SVS Ultra Evolution

SVS stopped being bang for buck with their Covidflation price hikes, they're full blown up market now with their most popular mainstream subs exceeding $1000. A later poster in that thread seems to be referencing a source pegging them at $3K, 4K, and 5K/pair on the tower line, so probably $1500...
  14. Haint

KEF R3 Meta - My Experience

Real EQ is not a specific product, just a general descriptor of something with sufficient sophistication and a bunch of filters (like Dirac or Audyssey XT32). I'm not familiar enough with expensive "separates" to make any suggestions. You can achieve similar results with PC software, or a...
  15. Haint

KEF R3 Meta - My Experience

Your in room response is quite messed up, not surprised you find issue with it. Audiophool nonsense like different DAC's and AMP's aren't going to do anything unless they're also equipped with at least fairly robust room correction (e.g. Dirac, XT32, etc...). If placement isn't helping, you...
  16. Haint

JBL Studio 590 Speaker Review

In the center prime seat, not really. A lower quality, or poorly placed center will typically sound worse than a prime seat phantom. Side seats however will hear sounds weighted/pulled towards the closest speaker unless you're sitting quite far a way in a lively room (which will increasingly...
  17. Haint

Sonus Faber Lumina II - Review & Measurements by Erin

Erin calculates and posts the preference score on the heading of his response linearity graphs.
  18. Haint

Noted Dennis, but I'm more interested in what it's doing at 50, 60, 70+ as my Theater setup is relatively close (~7 feet) and in my experience narrower dispersion centers have an unpleasant mono point source sound to them. Also very interested in the vertical dispersion given centers are...
  19. Haint

Definitely need to see the dispersion graphs on a center, where I expect the widest possible image is going to be pretty much universally preferred--not just for side seats, but also to avoid a mono point source sound.
  20. Haint

Arendal 1723 Speaker Review

That's because they're MAP (minimum advertised price) controlled, you're quoting Harman's officially sanctioned national sales. B&M dealers however are free to sell them for whatever prices they wish (at the expense of cutting into their own margins), they simply can't advertise or sell them...
Top Bottom