Search results

1. T

MMM approach and a new calibration app (magic beans)

Thanks. I encourage you to do some listening tests. If you can get maybe 10 or 15 people, and set up a double blind test, and show that the method gives improved subjective performance, that would help make your case.
  2. T

MMM approach and a new calibration app (magic beans)

Thoughts: Low freq: I think you should just use the room response at MLP for low frequencies. At low frequencies, other than the fact that the source/room/receiver system is highly dependent on source/receiver locations, the speaker and room tend to act as a single unified system (lumped...
  3. T

Spinorama! (also known as CTA/CEA 2034 but that sounds dull, apparently)

Good question! Floyd says, "Rear wall bounces: average of 180 deg, +/- 90 horizontal". Looking at my HATS Spinorarma template, I see that all 19 rear horizontal curves are used. So, i think Floyd meant average of ALL measurements from 180 +/-90. Again, looking at our template, I see that...
  4. T

Spinorama! (also known as CTA/CEA 2034 but that sounds dull, apparently)

Sorry Guys, I haven't been keeping up! I don't have time to read through all of the above, can someone summarize any still unresolved issues? I'll try to clarify if I can. I also have a HATS file that does the Spin calculation, so I can look at that to get another reference.
  5. T

Kali Audio IN-8 Studio Monitor Review

Ahh, but not at low frequencies of course. The boundary/mode effects and all could have a large effect.
  6. T

That seems weird, the manual has the setup with ear at tweeter level. I will enquire.
  7. T

It does seem to me that if you are using the speaker as a monitor and precisely setting it up so that you are directly on axis to the tweeter, then a measurement made that way would be most accurate. I'm not familiar with the Soundstage measurements you mention.
  8. T

Thank you. I hope it was useful.
  9. T

Thanks! Yes, he was the one who wound me up and pointed me in the right directions.
  10. T

It certainly looks legit. Certainly looks legit.
  11. T

Yes, but don't hold it against me!
  12. T

New here. I'm interested since I know Charles well and have a high opinion. Same for John. It is certainly possible that that unit was defective. I'm wondering if the dip switch was maybe defective. If the actual response was set for one of the boundary setups, instead of the assumed...
Top Bottom