Search results

1. E

Can you hear a difference? 250hz and 1250hz playing at same time, but 1250 Hz is at 60db down. Vs pure 250hz tone.

Pretty easy, I averaged <5 seconds per trial. Played back on motherboard audio -> HD 600. I would say everyone can do this assuming things like: quiet room, reasonable playback equipment, no hearing loss/tinnitus in the frequencies in question (?). Might be a different story with music.
  2. E

Can you hear a 1kHz sine wave distortion of 0.85% from tube preamplifier

Listened on motherboard audio -> HD 600 headphones. I found this pretty easy, the harmonic one had an "eee" tone vs the pure sine. ABX result:
  3. E

Sennheiser HD600 Review (Headphone)

For another data point, here's ClarityFidelity's HD 600 vs HD 650 measurement: (note that these are aligned at around 4 kHz - if you aligned at 100Hz, you'd have the HD 650 having a lower 3.5kHz peak similar to Oratory's measurements I guess?) from...
  4. E

Neumann KH 80 DSP Speaker Measurements: Take Two

Here's a bit better screenshot than the one in the top post: (Edit, sorry, ignore this, I was posting a snapshot of the S&R FR graph from: https://en-de.neumann.com/product_files/7904/download but @edechamps reposted a much higher res one.)
  5. E

What are the best headphones you would recommend in the $100-$250 range? What headphones do you have?

I did this repair years ago on my HD600's by sticking a very small piece of scotch tape on the crunched part and then gently lifting it up. I forget if I just used my finger or something else, but iirc it was easy to gradually increase the amount of force by adjusting how much tape surface area...
Top Bottom