Search results

1. Grumple

DIY Phono Pre Suggestions

Good day all. Pretty self-explanatory really, any suggestions for an acceptable DIY phono stage? I tried to order the Muffsy kit but alas, Brexit/Covid related issues mean they aren't sending them to the UK. Preferably nothing requiring proper engineering prowess, as this is one of many areas...
  2. Grumple

A few questions for a DIY newbie.

Firstly I'd again like to say thankyou to everyone involved with ASR for making HiFi fun again. TLDR: If I split the output from a preamp (for example with a Y-Splitter cable) do I need to worry about impedence and/or voltage level? Some may have noticed my desire to have tone controls. I...
  3. Grumple

Tone controls

I started a thread aa few days ago about needing a DAC with analogue inputs and dsp etc. However, I've come to realise that what I really want is tone controls and nothing more. I've got a DAC and a head amp etc I just want to whack the bass up, or nail the highs every once in while. And I don't...
  4. Grumple

Suggestions for dac/pre with eq.

Good day all. I'm looking for suggestions for a dac/pre amp combination. Preferably in one box to save space and plug sockets. Also must have an eq function, preferably either presets or manually adjustable. I'm not especially interested in using software. Final must is at least one analogue...
  5. Grumple

Physical media and money for artists

Good day all. Obviously we all enjoy listening to music (despite what some "over there" forums might think) and, one assumes, we would like the artists that make that music to continue to do so (assuming they aren't dead or churining out rubbish). Further to that, streaming services are, imho...
  6. Grumple

Understanding subjectivists; the problem of engagement

Edited for clarity and in light of well received criticism. Also to be less purposefully confrontational. The problem of dealing with subjectivists like Darko et al. I am a prospective phd candidate, working on a proposal that will specialize in petite ideology and identity conflicts, so read...
  7. Grumple

Hello and thank you!

Just wanted to post and say thanks for the add and thanks for saving me from the clutches of audio voodooism. I've been lurking for a few weeks now and cannot stress enough how much of a relief it has been to know that I'm not alone. It was seeing batteries attached to speaker wire that first...
Top Bottom