Search results

1. sebackman

RPi4 + CamillaDSP Tutorial

Hi Michael, Thank you for clarifying. We can of course do both with reasonable accuracy. The only way to align the DSP curves, as you are stating, would be on the electrical output side from the DSP. -Or after the power amp. The system is full dual channel where we can have the electrical...
  2. sebackman

Thank you for the answers. I moved from passive to active XO/DSP back in 2003 and have been trying to catch up since :-) . I do have a measuring rig (HW/SW) and reasonable monitors to compare/listen. Many DSP's have passed the work shop since 2003 and it is excellent that SW & HW finally gives...
  3. sebackman

Must confess I have not read all the pages in this long thread but I have a question. In digital audio circuits the sound quality should be reasonable the same if well implemented but in DSP solutions they are not. I have tried many out board DSP's and they do not sound the same with...
  4. sebackman

SMSL PO100

I wanted to get 7.1 or 5.1 digitally from the PC to my preamp. Either as discrete SPDIF channels or as muxed in a single SPDIF. I do have a Lindy HDMI extractor and will try that to start with.
  5. sebackman

How to make quasi-anechoic speaker measurements/spinoramas with REW and VituixCAD

Hi all, Frequency measurements are well covered in this thread. But I do from time-to-time struggle with finding a good repeatable practice to determine time alignment and phase correction to correct in the DSP. And the order thereof. Genelec often receive good reviews and I think this not...
  6. sebackman

SMSL PO100

Hi all, Can any of these units do AC3/DTS passthrough? If not, any idea of a USB to SPDIF converter that can?
  7. sebackman

DVD player with streaming capabilities audio & video

Hi all, Is there a modern version of the Oppo DVD players that can play DVD/BD discs and stream Tidal, Spotify, Netflix and others from the internet? I do have an Oppo 103, but there should be newer better video platforms. I do like their simple interface of the Oppo but it is getting a bit old...
  8. sebackman

JBL 708i Monitor Review (DSP: Part 2)

I have no idea if it is relevant here but sometimes the more basic DSP amps does not have the fire power to implement the full DSP settings, hence the correction is truncated. This was very evident in the JBL M2 studio monitor DSP settings as the settings for the stand alone DSP from BSS and...
  9. sebackman

Which volume is controlled via the app???

When using Spotify or Tidal on a PC or mobile device they both have built in volume controls. Windows also has a built volume control and maybe they are the same but presented in different places. They don't appear to be the same as I can change them separately. Many newer DAC's have built in...
  10. sebackman

Multi-Channel, Multi-Amplifier Audio System Using Software Crossover and Multichannel-DAC

Good work! Worrying that we have that amount of garbage coming out from the DAC. I thought the DAC would limit all of that but obviously not, and as @amirm pointed out, good DAC's only do their job and pass it on to the analogue side. I will make a test on my BSS DSP later in the week to see...
  11. sebackman

Comparison: PCM DXD DSD (Sound Liaison High Res Format Comparison)

I did a quick check on a bunch of files including some hi rez files I bought. None gave the same amount of garbage as the DSD files. Some the 24/96 files in wav format I have bought did not shown any garbage above 20k, or at least 80db down. Using wide band amps may cause a problem for some of...
  12. sebackman

That is scary indeed. I will try to see if my system do the same. If so I will copy your suggestion to add a 20kHz XO @48db/okt.
  13. sebackman

@amirm As a result of your video and the above discussion can you please do an experiment for us. Please feed a high rez file (high sample rate >=192kHz), like in the video, that you know contain lots of above 20k noise (or whatever it is) into any decent quality high rez capable DAC and...
  14. sebackman

Multi-Channel, Multi-Amplifier Audio System Using Software Crossover and Multichannel-DAC

Hi dualazmak, There is no doubt that a DSP XO @22k will filter out whatever is there. I think my question is if there is anything there after the DAC. But I do think you need an analogue oscilloscope to see if there is any analogue signal above 20k from the DAC when fed high sample rate...
  15. sebackman

Thank you for explaining. So in Amir's tests of DAC's where the frequency drops after 20k in the graphs, the DAC graph would show a lot of "garbage" way over 20k if they were fed 384k data (with noise over 20k) and capable of handling that sample rate?? I thought that there was a fixed low pass...
  16. sebackman

I'm a little at a loss here. There is normally no desired music content above 20k and if it was we can't hear it. The graphs clearly shows that there is no doubt "signal content" above 20k in the files analysed, which is most likely unwanted noise. There has also been some comments that this...
  17. sebackman

Meridian G68ADV: were AV Processor Ever Good?

"As good as high bitrate DD and DTS were and still are" What does that mean in relation to an old Meridian G68? Does it mean that the bitstream received under DD & DTS is really good enough?
  18. sebackman

Last posts not very Meridian related. Important topic and maybe material for a separate thread? @amirm do you still have the G68 available. It would be interesting to hear how the digital side holds up and potentially also the ADC's. Kind regards //Rob
  19. sebackman

@amirm, excellent review as always. If you still have access to the G68 can you please run some tests how it fairs compare to newer HW in the digital domain only. That being SPDIF in (Direct and Cinema, bitstream, 44,1, 48 and 96kHz) and SPDIF out. It would be great to have some measures in...
  20. sebackman

JBL 4367: Inside Photos/Video

Hi vitaali427, That would be great! Please port or PM if you find anything. I got the first M2 spare part WG's on the market back in early 2015 so maybe the 4367 WG's can be sourced. Attached is the impedance of a brand new D2 on the M2. Kind regards //Rob
Top Bottom