Search results

1. C

Complex impedance load amp FR influence - WiiM Amp review by Erin

Was pleasantly surprised today when I read the review of the WiiM Amp on Erin's website. Erin will be using two complex impedance profiles in all of his amplifier reviews in the future to measure their impact on the frequency response of the tested amplifiers. My only criticism is that the...
  2. C

Audible difference in high-end capacitors? - ABX samples

As announced long ago the last part on the subject of audibility of capacitor upgrade in crossovers. The comparison ranges from a very cheap, decades-old film capacitor to an expensive high-end capacitor. As promised, this time there are short audio samples of each capacitor (in a simple...
  3. C

Tweeter front plate design

Have you ever wondered why the tweeter front plate design is somehow the same and yet different and if these small differences matter at all? Some tweeter front plate are just flat, some have something like tiny little wave-guides or "lenses" integrated,... I would like to try, to show here...
  4. C

First A.I. Metal Band

In case you missed it, there is the first A.I. generated metal band. Planned are probably many more metal genres in the A.I. generated metalverse: http://metalverse.world/
  5. C

Open baffle speaker pitfalls

Open baffle (OB) speakers seem to be becoming more and more popular at the moment. The possible advantages of an OB speaker do not need to be listed here, they can be found on every manufacturer's website or audio forums. When using or purchasing U-frame or V-frame (and to some degree H-frame)...
  6. C

Car Powertrain of the Future - E-Fuels, Fuel cells or Battery based

Here's a presentation from Maximilian Fichtner, he is Professor of Solid State Chemistry at the Ulm University, Director of the Helmholtz Institute Ulm and spokesperson of of the Cluster of Excellence POLiS. The POLiS cluster of excellence is Germany's attempt to catch up again with the leading...
  7. C

"Analysis" of cardioid speaker radiation via lateral slots - like D&D 8c

First off, I want to temper expectations, I'm certainly not a cardioid radiation expert - but will do my best. I can only touch on a few topics and if something interesting comes up I will expand the post if necessary. Index 1. Does it work? 2. Comparison speaker with slots to "normal" speaker...
  8. C

Binaural blind comparison test of 4 loudspeakers - II

Since the discussion on the last vote about the sound quality of speakers via binaural recordings was so harmonious, I thought it would be a good idea to repeat the whole thing with other binaural recordings of speakers. And that's why I just plagiarized the thread title (and more) from @thewas...
  9. C

Live on the Rooftop - Elbphilharmonie Sessions

The production quality of this live session and the setting is so unique that you should definitely check it out. If you don't like the music, jump ahead to the last track, where the ambience changes due to the evening atmosphere.
  10. C

Danley Sound Labs SH50

@hardisj (erinsaudiocorner) measured the SH50 from Danley Sound Labs with his Klippel NFS. All credit for the measurements goes to @hardisj UPDATE: I was contacted by a forum member if I am somehow in contact with Erin or acting on his behalf - given the tensions between Erin and Amir. This is...
  11. C

An obscene surname

Full article here Whether the letter is a fake or not, both are a bit funny.
  12. C

Crossover filter - Effects on the vertical radiation

What is usually neglected in many considerations of crossover filters are the effects on vertical radiation. Since most loudspeaker designs, apart from coaxial designs, use vertically offset sound sources, a typical case will be examined here. I did not want to use point sources, but still...
  13. C

An asparagus monument

In the city of Torgau (Germany), a monument to asparagus was erected on the market square. I'm totally happy that someone had the balls to give asparagus the recognition it deserves. Video source here. .
  14. C

New Record Day - Binaural Shootout (Revel, Klipsch, Spatial, Q Acoustics)

Okay, admittedly I find binaural speaker comparisons cool - if the original source is also available. What I particularly like is that Ron makes the recordings in a still "normal" listening room (the room has been slightly optimized). The problem with binaural recordings is that you don't have...
  15. C

Mixed Front and Center speaker - Not a good idea!

As @amirm and @hardisj measure more and more center speakers and speakers that are potentially suitable for this, people want to mix them with their existing front speakers. So it's time to take a closer look at the facts. I am sure that many of you have already read somewhere that front and...
  16. C

Campaign for compliance with the Coronavirus rules is not well received everywhere

The new campaign of the Berlin Senate Department for Economics to comply with the Corona rules is being hotly debated in the social media. Berlin's mayor Müller is stunned by a poster showing a senior citizen giving the middle finger. Now the campaign is to be cancelled completely. Source...
  17. C

Different Binding Posts - is it audible?

The influence of BP on the sound of loudspeakers has often been controversially discussed. It even goes so far that individual voices describe the influence of binding posts as immense and recommend only very high-quality BPs - That made me curious. The full mini series: Capacitor...
  18. C

Monophonic vs. Stereophonic - Timbre change?

I think it is worth to discuss this topic in more detail, because among others @amirm's subjective ratings and the Harman-Olive score are based on monophonic listening. In the course of the discussion about a "blind-test preparation", I have described what difference it makes, in my experience...
  19. C

Speaker Resonances - The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

Since the topic of evaluating resonances has been mentioned several times in @amirm's reviews, here is an attempt at a comparative analysis of different resonances in loudspeakers. For this purpose the measurements of the following loudspeakers are compared: focal-aria-906 buchardt-s400...
  20. C

Capacitor upgrade in crossover - You CAN'T handle the TRUTH! - Part 3

So, after the topic capacitor upgrade has already been discussed by me in two parts, there is no reason to talk about it anymore - or is there? The full mini series: Capacitor upgrade in crossover - Is it audible? Capacitor upgrade - part two Capacitor upgrade - part three...
Top Bottom