Search results

1. D

RPi4 + CamillaDSP Tutorial

Thanks. Maybe there is some other way, with different ADC/DAC that would give higher quality output and isn't very expensive? I didn't yet buy any ADC/DAC yet, still making "research".
  2. D

RPi4 + CamillaDSP Tutorial

Maybe someone can help me out. When using camillaDSP on RPi with Hifiberry DAC+ ADC, would it be possible to mix analog source (OEM head unit) with UPnP source and output it together through DAC part of Hifiberry? I would like to keep audio from car's park sensors, warnings and navigation and...
  3. D

Minidsp C-DSP 8x12 V2.0 Review

Hi, maybe someone can clear it up for me. Is it really ~20dB worse than miniDSP Flex in analog-in analog-out part? If one would like to use it with OEM head unit and have only a possibility to use full analog path, then it will be much worse then miniDSP Flex. Right? (let ignore that's 2 vs 8...
  4. D

Dirac discount: I buy?

Hi. What discount are you talking about?
  5. D

Any Usher Audio fans? (esp. V series)

I've got early version of V-602s, and if I remember correctly they've added few kgs of mdf to the construction on later versions. I can agree on finish which is great for the price. At the time reviews had been great, but they've put more money into marketing then as well.
  6. D

Review and Measurements of Fiio K5 Pro

I might be wrong, but I think this is possible. HD599 is rated for 0.5W max power, K5 Pro can deliver much more at 50ohms. Amir measured about 1W at 33ohms, Fiio claims 1.5W, so it can be around 0.7W at 50ohms.
  7. D

Review and Measurements of Topping DX3Pro DAC and Headphone Amp

I can recommend piece written by solderdude, available here.
  8. D

LCD2c being planars have flat impedance throughout frequency range. High output impedance doesn't matter with those.
  9. D

As I can agree that M500 is clearly better device than DX3 Pro, I cannot agree with some other claims. Don't not why M500 sounded better for you. It has similar power, maybe little less than DX3 pro with 150ohm load. Output impedance of 10ohm is to low to make a difference with HD58x. Maybe it's...
  10. D

DAC chip is the same, implementation unfortunately is much worse.
  11. D

There is a problem though. Have you seen K5 Pro measurements?
  12. D

Another thing. I don't understand why people has so bad opinions on V2. As far as I know only output impedance is worse (around 10ohms). So if you really have low impedance headphones it may not be for you. On the other hand if you plan to buy some more expensive headphones M500 makes sense...
  13. D

You realize that DAC in K5 Pro is on similar level to middle-class motherboard?
  14. D

Recommendations for well recorded/mastered rock music

If so many people recommend Steven Wilson remasters/remixes maybe I'll just recommend Porcupine Tree itself. And when it comes to rock music I cannot think of better-sounding albums than Shellac's - music may not be for everyone, but the sound is really something...
  15. D

Which DAC measurements do you like to see next?

Great! Can't wait to see the results as I was planning to buy M4 this weekend. I will hold a little bit more then. :-)
  16. D

Headphone EQ Suggestions

There is FabFilter Pro-Q 3, but I suppose price is beyond reasonable...
  17. D

Review and Measurements of New Topping D50s DAC

I've read listeria (which causes meningitis). Maybe it has something to do with hearing those differences? ;-) P.S. If you hear differences I can only envy you. I'm pretty deaf myself...
  18. D

Has the Topping A50 headphone amp appeared yet?

Any of them will probably do as well as new Schiits. IIRC Liquid Spark's distortion start to rise pretty quickly with output power increase.
Top Bottom