Search results

1. richard12511

New Magico M7 speakers

It seems like Magico is very much an audio science believer, but with cost no object designs. I like how he admits that having separate subs located away from the mains can improve the bass response.
  2. richard12511

Worst measuring loudspeaker?

Wow...PS Audio! That's bad!
  3. richard12511

$30K Budget - On the quest for my "end game" speaker

Generally, the larger and more expensive models are designed to have narrower dispersion, as it sounds better at long distances, and most huge speakers are designed to be listened to at great distances.
  4. richard12511

Magico S3 NFS Spinorama and comparison to Revel F228Be

Agreed the price point is totally different, which makes the "similar stature and price point" claim a bit weird. I guess the similar stature part is at least true.
  5. richard12511

That would be a dream come true. Doubt it will ever happen, at least until someone buys all those speakers.
  6. richard12511

It doesn't make sense price wise, as the Magico is considerably more expensive than the Revel F228Be, but it really does look like a match to me. What really matters though is, how much does that Klippel cabinet flexion graph/display really correlate with perceived sound quality? Does the...
  7. richard12511

MoFi SourcePoint 10 - Review & Measurements by Erin

I do kinda wonder why the choice was made to stick with a 2 way when you have a fairly decent budget.
  8. richard12511

That's actually a pretty good example. To my eye, the spin of that Ascend does look slightly better. Its overall directivity is not quite as good as the Mofi, and the vertical directivity will be considerably worse(no coaxial) but it appears to have significantly less resonances. Note that the...
  9. richard12511

A 2 channel system is definitely easier to setup. Multichannel is more cumbersome and inconvenient, but does give real sonic benefits if done correctly. Whether or not those audible improvements are worth the cost/hassle is the real question. For many, it's simply not worth it.
  10. richard12511

He loves playing around with ultra high end amplifiers, speaker cables, DACs, etc., so I doubt he'll be going active any time soon. Would be cool to see him try it, though.
  11. richard12511

Multi-channel classical doesn't automatically mean you are sitting in the middle of the band or orchestra, though there are recordings like that. Most multi-channel classical still puts you in the audience, and the surrounds are used strictly for reflected sound and ambiance, to make it sound...
  12. richard12511

If you wait long enough, maybe you can get the 8361B :)
  13. richard12511

This is the speaker in question: Looks very similar to the Revel F228Be to me(white drivers with darker surround, correct number of drivers, port in the right spot, and overall shape looks similar. Definitely could be wrong though.
  14. richard12511

I'd love to see a truly cost no object(M9 like) active multi-channel(including subs) system with self contained dsp integration. It would come with a setup mic and use something like audiolense + baach dsp with a nice UI to auto calibrate/integrate everything together. I understand that wouldn't...
  15. richard12511

He doesn't say outright that it's a Revel speaker(says "competitive speaker in terms of stature and price range"), but if you look at the image on screen it looks to me like the Revel F228Be, but that's also why I added the "?" at the end. I'd be curious to know it really is. I don't know for...
  16. richard12511

More and more, this is the conclusion I've come to. You can only get so close to perfect with traditional speakers, and at a certain price, they all start sounding very similar if they're shooting for the same target. Still, for someone like Jeff Bezos, the difference in price isn't all that...
  17. richard12511

I enjoy Auro3D upmixer for the majority of my music listening.
  18. richard12511

I was watching this Magico factory tour video by Audiophile Junkie on youtube, and about 18 minutes in, I think they show a Klippel lazer vibrometer comparison between a Magico A5 and Revel F228Be. The Magico speaker does look quite a bit better by comparison, though it is more expensive. They...
  19. richard12511

Have to disagree. Those are way better looking than I expected. I realize there's a lot of competition at that price point, but those off axis(what they were designed for) spins look really great to my eye. There are a bunch of really high Q resonances, but I question the audibility of those...
Top Bottom