Search results

1. Robbo99999

Master Complaint Thread About Headphone Measurements

I too would expect large bass boosts to be the main driving cause of IMD. Just on your last paragraph where you mention multiple measurements, I did outline a way you could do the EQ and IMD testing all from just one initial headphone measurement without the need to replace the headphone and do...
  2. Robbo99999

Master Complaint Thread About Headphone Measurements

How about using detailed EQ to Harman Curve to serve as a basis for this test to ensure that headphones have identical frequency response? I'm aware though that some headphones have sharp troughs or sharp peaks that can't be fully rectified, but you can get them closer to the target curve with...
  3. Robbo99999

Sonic Lamb Headphone with Subwoofer Review

What a strange headphone! Frequency response looks awful with crazy random waves and what looks like really poor channel matching and especially at 3-5kHz. No subbass too. Then you've got the weird resonances in the treble that are seen in the distortion graph, albeit perhaps this is not...
  4. Robbo99999

Neutron Hifi DAC V1

Cool, looking forward to it being reviewed!
  5. Robbo99999

Neutron Hifi DAC V1

Awesome, very good! I think it's a good selling point that it could have independent per channel 20 band parametric EQ ability, that's somewhat unique in this space! And yes, it makes sense to make people aware to the limitations of the device when flipped to 20 band parametric option. You...
  6. Robbo99999

Sennheiser HD 490 Pro Headphone Review

Seems like a quite impressive headphone from the measurements, the producer pads (1st graph) seem to be the one to use and I'm assuming based on his EQ that Amir listened to the Producer pads rather than the Mixing pads. It's got a pretty smooth frequency response that looks pretty easily...
  7. Robbo99999

Neutron Hifi DAC V1

I don't know if @amirm is aware of this thread, but yeah it would be very cool to get your DAC measured! (I don't know if you want to get it reviewed when you've worked out the 20 band EQ vs 10 band EQ options.)
  8. Robbo99999

Neutron Hifi DAC V1

Right, thanks for explaining, I understand completely. What you propose as an option via NConfigurator sounds like a very flexible approach from you, so kudos to you for that, in terms of looking into whether you can offer that as an option or not - afterall who wouldn't mind having the...
  9. Robbo99999

Neutron Hifi DAC V1

Hi, yeah, I can understand that there would be less computational power available in a DAC vs a smartphone/PC. Ah, right, so you're saying FRC and Parametric EQ cannot currently be activated at the same time in the DAC? 20 available bands could be useful for Room EQ for speakers if people...
  10. Robbo99999

Neutron Hifi DAC V1

Hi, welcome to the forums! Just on a really general note and to give a bit of praise, if your DAC is as useful/flexible as your Neutron Player software then that'll be a good DAC! I've got one question about the DAC. Can you implement FRC & Parametric EQ at the same time? For the FRC, is...
  11. Robbo99999

New version of Sennheiser HD 560S (!)

Try this one if you like it's pretty much what I use: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/new-version-of-sennheiser-hd-560s.40927/post-1936147 Or I could link you a few filters that convert New Version to Old Version & then you'd use an Oratory EQ on top of that, but...
  12. Robbo99999

I don't know how you know that? You can't be listening to sine tones to work it out, not unless you've listened to sine tones on proven anechoic flat speakers, because for instance I have a natural quirk in my own anatomical hearing where I have peak from around 8-12kHz, so I shouldn't EQ that...
  13. Robbo99999

Post pictures of anything, with comment...couple words.

Ha, yes, good one! My comment was far less literary, just referring to the same idea that England doesn't really have Summers either!
  14. Robbo99999

I thought that was the UK! (re Winter/Summer)
  15. Robbo99999

Dan Clark E3 Headphone Review

What do you do with your HD800s re EQ if indeed you do EQ it? I'm guessing you use E3 at stock. Assuming that how does HD800s compare to E3, whilst also assuming you're probably EQ'ing to the same curve?
  16. Robbo99999

Very good, thanks, that does make sense! (The first week of January 2021 was a Friday (1st week would be classed as just 3 days), hence how week 9 could still be in February rather than the 8 you might otherwise expect - I'm thinking that's how they work it).
  17. Robbo99999

An audio professional/enthusiast who likes the band AC/DC with a nerdy sense of humour!
  18. Robbo99999

Topping D50 III Balanced DAC with EQ Review

I agree. Ever since I found out about intersample overs and since I've measured a load of my tracks for intersample overs I worked out that most tracks fell within the bracket of up to +2dB peaks intersample overs with a few just a little above, so I always put in around -3dB extra on the...
  19. Robbo99999

What headphones would you like Amir to measure next?

Except we have a few more in depth measurements like distortion which is useful to see, as well as Amir's subjective review of the headphone after EQ which can reveal some hidden issues that aren't seen in the frequency response alone - stuff like clipping of the driver in the bass when pushed...
  20. Robbo99999

Neutron Hifi DAC V1

Is Qudelix per channel EQ too?
Top Bottom