Search results

1. DJBonoBobo

Tidal, Disney+ Multichannel (Dolby Atmos/5.1) for HTPC/Pro Audio system with Apple TV + AVR?

Hello, i would like to listen to multichannel music once in a while. I am thinking of bands like Pink Floyd, Beatles, Steven Wilson, Katatonia and so on, occasionally a bit classical. But there is no good way to do this. I could buy expensive box-sets from mostly long-dead bands to aquire a DVD...
  2. DJBonoBobo

Neumann MA1 vs. Dirac Live Bass Control (DLBC) - Dual KH750 subs

Hello, i have a dual sub Neumann system (2x KH310, 2x KH750 DSP). I use the MA1 microphone and software for room EQ. I also own a Dirac Live license (PC standalone) that i have not used for a long time. Because Dirac released DLBC, i decided to get the trial version and compare the results of...
  3. DJBonoBobo

Perforated plate or porous absorber behind speakers against SBIR? and: Plate resonator against dip at 80Hz?

Hello! Inspired by a Neumann advertising video in which absorbers from "greenacoustics" are used, I am considering using them to improve my listening room. At the moment I'm still using old, temporary Basotect absorbers. I would like to replace them with a good solution. It is important to me...
  4. DJBonoBobo

Sold: Neumann KH 310 A R G (single speaker)(Germany/EU)

Edit: Sold Hello, I am selling a single KH 310 A R G (right speaker). It is 5 months old and has only been used for a few hours. I wanted to use it as a center (i already have a stereo pair of KH 310s), however, I have not managed to integrate it well - it sounds better to me without a center...
  5. DJBonoBobo

Neumann KH310 - Acoustical axis

Hello, I just wanted to share a piece of information that Markus Wolff from Neumann confirmed to me again: The acoustical axis of the KH310 is indeed at 9.1/17cm as described in the manual. This is actually a different point than I always thought in the 8+ years I've owned the speakers: This...
  6. DJBonoBobo

Surround speaker height - general consensus on 2 feet above ear level? (close distance, music only)

Hello, I am currently building a 5.0 surround setup (3x Neumann KH310, 2x KH80, 2xKH750 as support for L/R). It is supposed for music reproduction mostly (not production and almost no movies). I want to mount the surrounds with wall brackets. Before I now drill holes in the walls I have doubts...
  7. DJBonoBobo

Can VST plugins like Penteo 16 or Halo Upmix + jRiver replace AVR-hardware?

Hello! I would like to upgrade my system from 2.0 to 5.0 soon. I have an RME UCX II and active studio monitors and use a Windows PC exclusively for playback. For 5.0. I will also use Dirac Live, already own a license. I am interested in good (natural) upmix solutions for stereo music as well...
  8. DJBonoBobo

Neumann KH310 in a small room (+subs, MA1, absorbers, AVAA)

Hello, I would like to share my experience of how the Neumann KH310 behaves in a small room and what measures have improved the acoustics for me. I thought it might be interesting for others, since the KH310 has been reviewed and measured and the predominantly neutral characteristics are well...
  9. DJBonoBobo

Sennheiser IE 900

Sennheiser announced a new flagship IEM today: https://en-de.sennheiser.com/ie-900 (€ 1,299) I do not know what the price-performance ratio is, but it looks elaborate. I like that they have adopted the design of the Pro models with the cable routing behind the ear. I find the clickable image...
  10. DJBonoBobo

How to avoid crackling via USB (static noise at mainboard-plug? USB-cable issue?)

Hello, i need some help, please! I use a RME ADI 2 DAC plugged into the USB 2.0.-port on a PC (MSI B450M mainboard). From time to time some kind of "static crackling" builds up and the only solution seems to be plugging the USB out of the mainboard and back in. Shutting off the DAC or pulling...
  11. DJBonoBobo

Bass in small bedroom (effects of PSI AVAA, subwoofer and EQ, also passive absorbtion)

Hello, for some time i´m trying to get a smooth bass response in my small bedroom (14 sqm). I recently tried to throw some money at it and just wanted to share my experiences. I show you the effects of EQ, 2x PSI AVAA and a subwoofer for your amusement. Please note: Everything i say i solely...
Top Bottom