Search results

1. DJBonoBobo

Neumann KH 150 Monitor Review

Soundandrecording has measured both with comparable methods. You may auto translate and compare both reviews. https://www.soundandrecording.de/equipment/studiomonitore-im-test-genelec-8350a/ https://www.soundandrecording.de/equipment/neumann-kh-150-2-wege-nearfield-monitor-im-test/ Look like...
  2. DJBonoBobo

Neumann KH120 II Monitor Review

It's only an issue if you're looking for an old-fashioned quality feel, and if this is more important to you than the actual performance. Like people who walk around with a heavy leather bag instead of one made of modern material that is superior in almost every way. They can tell themselves the...
  3. DJBonoBobo

Fallout on Amazon

Fun fact: metal god Devin Townsend made the ambient music for the Brotherhood game.
  4. DJBonoBobo

Proper Metal music (no pony tails or choral crap)

Obsidian Kingdom - And then it was
  5. DJBonoBobo

Proper Metal music (no pony tails or choral crap)

The original: And what Will Ramos makes out of it:
  6. DJBonoBobo

New Neumann MA 1 - Automatic Monitor Alignment

You can edit an existing alignment (orange "Pen"-symbol -> edit), change Eq settings, press "realign" and then save under a different name. No need to remeasure. The most recent version is 2.2.1, i think. Maybe you have an old version? https://ma1.neumann.com/manual
  7. DJBonoBobo

You can save alignments (measurements plus your own manipulations of target curve plus automatic corrections to match the target) and edit and save under a different name afterwards.
  8. DJBonoBobo

This has been implemented for a while already.
  9. DJBonoBobo

Neumann KH 310A Review (Powered Monitor)

I have often said the KH310 can sound very bad in a bad room in my experience, but also very good when set up carefully. The KH310 has good measurements and should be better than a lot of other speakers in that price range, but the KH150 is probably even less room dependent and easier to set up...
  10. DJBonoBobo

Most of it is in the measurements. You can see exactly how loud they can play before bass distorts. For me, it is very loud. Much louder than i ever want. If you are in a bigger room with more distance, listen to highly dynamic, very bass heavy stuff and/or you don't have neighbours, YMMV...
  11. DJBonoBobo

MA1 results

1. The MA1 software asks for the distance and sets the target curve accordingly (more distance, more slope). 2. I guess this is supposed to be a 5.1 system where the subwoofer gets only LFE content. LFE goes up to 120Hz.
  12. DJBonoBobo

I never had a big room, so I don't know how many and which body part's lengths you'll need. Far enough for the reflections to become quiet and late enough.
  13. DJBonoBobo

Something like that, i don't know exactly. My room looks like this: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/neumann-ma1-vs-dirac-live-bass-control-dlbc-dual-kh750-subs.43054/
  14. DJBonoBobo

The KH150 has are more linear and a much more narrow beam width than the KH310. So they should be less room dependent in their imaging. In my small room i struggle width the image of the 310, too. If you are in a bigger room width side walls far away, this is probably less problematic.
  15. DJBonoBobo

RME ADI-2/4 Pro SE

I have the Stealth and an ADI-2 DAC. For me, it is sufficient. Only when listening to very quiet classical recordings i reach the 0dB point of the ADI-2. I almost never do this though. If you want to listen to quiet or high dynamic range records, you could face the limits of the ADI-2 sometimes...
  16. DJBonoBobo

Neumann KH80 DSP Monitor Measurements #3

Ok, there are probably much more ways to pronounce "gun" in English than "Mann" in German. Here, he says the name 4 times in the first 20 seconds.
  17. DJBonoBobo

Neumann KH80 DSP Monitor Measurements #3

No, it is not. I cannot understand why people pretend to know german and spread false info. As someone else said: Neumann rhymes with toy-gun.
  18. DJBonoBobo

Two audiophiles walk into a bar... (finish the joke)

Audiophile 1: "5 cl of vodka, 2cl coffee liqueur and 3 cl fresh cream in 3 seperate tumblers, please." Audiophile 2: "What are you doing, Highball glass tastes much better."
  19. DJBonoBobo

There is indeed a new version 2.2.1, but no changelog and no notification in the software version 2.1.1. yet.
  20. DJBonoBobo

Neumann KH 80 DSP for small untreated room?

It is very likely the lack of bass cannot be cured with different speakers, because the room and positions in the room are the dominant factors. You need a measurement microphone to 1. determine the best positions and 2. find best eq setting to optimize what's possible in your situation. Neumann...
Top Bottom