Search results

1. usersky

Want to buy a Marantz CD6007, advice on the DAC situation?

I don't think it's deceiving. Usually companies tell that specs can be changed at any time without any anouncement. I haven't check my Marantz CD6006 user's manual if it says this but users are not expected to feel deceived whenever Sony or LG changes some IC in one of their TV sets. OTOH i...
  2. usersky

Pixel 8 and Wavelet...Qudelix?

Where could you find version? Also try legacy mode in settings. For me that worked best and I left it that way.
  3. usersky

Pixel 8 and Wavelet...Qudelix?

For me it works ok right now on Android 14 but no Pixel. I had problems in the past and they mostly fixed when I swiched back to release channel (I was on beta, maybe you are too?). However from what I understand wavelet is based on a hack, not on a documented/well supported way to hook into the...
  4. usersky

autoeq.app Is a Web Application for Equalizing Headphones the Easy Way

Hi @jaakkopasanen ! I came back to say thak you again. autoeq.app works like a charm. I used Minidsp EARS to measure two headphones that was unable to find measured or preset in wavelet: Panasonic RB-M700B which sounds absolutelly horrific as it comes (ultra bloated bass, pure mess) and Philips...
  5. usersky

Juson Audio JTA35 Tube Amplifier, DAC & HP Amp Review

For a product at this price and functionality with the accent on FUN factor, I managed to get over my internal conflict and voted fine. It sings after all!
  6. usersky

Loving the DBR62’s. Turns out Amir knows what he’s talking about . Should I stick with white or go black for my (weird) set up?

Whites look wonderful. I have them on black since it was the only color available at the time, they indeed sing well :)
  7. usersky

Most Beautiful Headphone designs

They sound and look and feel wonderful indeed. Picture doesn't do justice to how nice the metal parts look and feel.
  8. usersky

Denon PMA-600NE Integrated Amplifier Review

It looks like Denon would be a good casing manufacturer for Topping. Sad destiny.
  9. usersky

EAR Yoshino 834L Deluxe Preamp Review

I am lost for words how anyone with the slightest respect for the engineering can find acceptable such and abomination. Guys, come on, this is an insult:
  10. usersky

EAR Yoshino 834L Deluxe Preamp Review

It's the only ugly thing it misses. The back panel has a soviet '60s vibe to it with that uneven back paint. RCA plugs manage to look so pre ww2. Even the fonts mix make it look totally tasteless. This guy manages to look bad on every dimension but hey, it's tubes, we should judge it by some...
  11. usersky

PrimaLuna Dialogue Three Preamp Review

This got my vote for the comment of the month!
  12. usersky

PrimaLuna Dialogue Three Preamp Review

I don't get making excuses for the lack of performance "because it uses tubes", regardless of choices of words for that excuse. How pleasant distorsions may sound for some is another contest altogheter.
  13. usersky

Sabaj A20d 2023 DAC & HP Amp Review

116mW into 300ohm is almost fine by me. The rest is inaudible so this to me seems lower than a Topping DX3pro. The funny ears do not make for the price diff.
  14. usersky

Dirac Virto for headhones anyone?

Asus is about to release a very promising phone, Zenfone 10. It's relatively small, top specs, wireless charging, 3.5 headphones plug (some still use this ;) and so on. What jumped at me was Dirac Virtuo for headphones. Does anyone have any experience with this? I saw Dirac Virtuo for cars...
  15. usersky

What are we listening to right now..

Cult With No Name:
  16. usersky

When did you last listen to live music

May 2018, Roger Waters, Us And Them Tour in Vienna. Quite a long time ago...
  17. usersky

AKG N700nc m2 Measurements

The Austrian Audio equivalent of N700m2 is Hi-X25BT. Another level entirely IMO, it melts on your ears and sounds very good with no EQ. I'd love to see it measured. I also have Hi-X65 but it's little sister beat the flagship comfortwise.
  18. usersky

AKG N700nc m2 Measurements

To me these seem like an atempt to fix the failed headband design of AKG K361/371. They feel and sound rather similar to me (used exclusively on BT). Cups a bit smaller, much improved headband and clamp/positioning on ears. I prefer them over K371 but comfort is not all that good. Mine did some...
Top Bottom