Search results

1. R

NCORE MP Build using Ghentaudio Kit.

The trigger is independent of the power on/off click/pop. By default, the Ghent kit directly ties +5V standby supply to PS.enable. All the trigger does is put a switch from +5V standby to PS.enable with simple logic.
  2. R

The circuit is simple. Originally I planned to use the 555 Timer input to control the J4.14 Mute signal. This did not help with click and pops, so it was omitted for simplicity. A 4n35 optical isolater takes the external +12V trigger. Pin 6 of the 4N35 gives access to the NPN base, creating an...
  3. R

Update on my 12V trigger. My semi-permanent circuit is done. After a week of use, everything works well. Getting the circuit small enough to fit on the Hypex J6 header was much more effort than I anticipated. A small custom PCB is the way to go for this. Given the time and effort to put this...
  4. R

Some parts arrived and I got around to building a breadboard 12V tirgger circuit along with the mute circuit idea that I suggested earlier. I used a 555 timer in a Schmitt Trigger logic inverter mode to make PS_enable be NOT mute. My assement is as follows an optically isolated external 12V...
  5. R

Removing pops/clicks at power on/off I ran some tests today to verify the theory that asserting Mute (J4.13 or J4.4) on power up and power off will solve the problem. It does work to completely remove the power on/off pops and clicks. This requires keeping the +5V standby power always on...
  6. R

DIY Purifi Amp builds

The earlier description implies psuedo-differential (dual mono with 180 out of phase inputs). Is the new revision a proper fully differential circuit with a common-mode feedback loop or something else? I am curious how the performance changes under this new mode. (SNDR, phase and magnitude...
  7. R

Hypex provides a mute option that might help by asserting this at startup and just before/at shutdown. Manually asserting Amplifier mute using the +5V standby supply and a jumper cable would test the theory. A 555 timer should be enough to automate the delayed turn on and off mute if the...
  8. R

My NC502MP build has been great so far. I got tired of waiting for my Ghent RCA --> XLR cables with the slow standard shipping. Amazon fixed that in 2 days. After adding the amplifier, my room calibration preference for the front speakers changed. Previously, I thought that Audyssey with...
  9. R

Agreed. I would have placed it like that myself. The mounting holes below are not symmetric aside from the 4 corners making it unviable to rotate the placement 180 degrees. -------------- I powered it up and it worked on the first try. At first I thought that I had a bad connection on one of...
  10. R

My Ghent NC502MP kit arrived today. This was quicker than I expected even for the west coast and the expedited shipping option standard on this item. (Ordered on 1/18, shipped on 1/20, delivered on 1/23) Conversely, my RCA to XLR cables to use with this amplifier are claimed to have just arrived...
  11. R

My case had order had express shipping by default. It looks like it is in customs in the US already. On the contrary, the RCA to XLR cables that I ordered separately with regular shipping seem on target for e a long, slow journey. Google led me to a blog post with a nice writeup of a NC252MP...
  12. R

I am building an NC502MP Ghent kit. These are a new addition in a 200mm x 315mm case. Ghent put up the new item quickly after I requested a custom drilled base the prior NCore dual NC400 case kit. Are there any additional items that I need to order such as the items below? screws to attach...
Top Bottom