Search results

1. B

Big news coming from Sound United in 2023!

It was just a suggestion, if you have not seen it yet. Storm have a totally different microphone placement than what Dirac suggests. The standard Dirac target curve is (was) basslight compared to what I got with Audessey. The NAD curves where much better in that regard, but the Storm curves...
  2. B

Jes, lots of practise needed. I suggest you checkout Storms recommended calibration procedure and the target curves they use.
  3. B

Just Just sharing my experience. I found Dirac to be basslight compared to Audessey, but the Dirac latest target curves are indeed better sounding. No experience with DBLC as that has not arrived yet for the processor I used. Looking at tutorials from Dirac,Storm, NAD, Emotiva, they all have a...
  4. B

Audessey works very well out of the box. Plug and play. Dirac is WAY more hands on and requires more work to setup correctly. Not beginner friendly. Both can proved excellent results, when care is taken to set them up properly. As for Dirac and SoundUnited, I hope this is not true. We...
  5. B

What the heck is YPAO doing?

Need more info. How many measuring points? At what distance from each other and at what height? What EQ you are running ? Flat or natural? Is the measurement from Pure direct and EQ comparable?
  6. B

What the heck is YPAO doing?

Trinnov pricing starts where Yamaha ends. DSP modes on Yamaha has little to do with YPOA corrections. You do not have to use them if you do not want too.
  7. B

Opinion on IMG Stage line STA-400D amplifier with Hypex modules

The twisting is very important for the Ncore modules. They seem easier prone to interference than the UCD's.However I cannot see that it hurts for UCD's either.
  8. B

Are you getting the "THX Reference Level" in the listening position? Do we really need such an output level in our home-theater rooms?

That is interesting .You have some more info about that? I have always assumed that when they master for Blue-ray the top gets rolled off( instead of the bass boosted) so that it would translate better to the nearfield. This probably also depends on the studio. (Marvel sounds lame compared too DC).
  9. B

Are you getting the "THX Reference Level" in the listening position? Do we really need such an output level in our home-theater rooms?

It really depends on the room. My HT is an open space with wooden walls. I can hit reference levels. but I sit very close (2.3m from centre speaker) My room offers little room gain, so the bass does not pressurise the space like it would in a sealed stone room. Probably also mean I need more subs...
  10. B

Hypex UcD400HG+ SMPS400 monoblocks

Reading a bit more about it it seems that the triggers might still trip the power fuse if all all 3 monoblocks activate at the same time. Seems like the solution to this might be more complicated than I expected. I assume a master/slave switch with delay might be a good alternative.
  11. B

Hypex UcD400HG+ SMPS400 monoblocks

Hello everyone. I currently use these monoblocks that I built about 2 years ago. It is the UCD400HG with HxR and SMPS400 powersupplies. I have been very pleased with these, but would like to add a 12V trigger circuit to it. Do any of the more experience members here have some tips or...
Top Bottom