Search results

1. C

Anyout out there with an SMSL or RME USB DAC and a linux system?

This does not output anything for me with a SMSL SU 9. Running a VM with USB Controller passthrough.
  2. C

Wilson Audio TuneTot Review (high-end bookshelf speaker)

This should be a headless panther because of price/performance.
  3. C

SMSL SU-9n Review (Balanced Stereo DAC)

So this is identical to SMSL SU-9 but without MQA and cheaper? Too bad this wasn't out at the same when I got SU-9.
  4. C

HBK Headphone Measurement Talks from Head-Fi and Sean Olive

This actually answers the question I had posted back in june. https://audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/harman-preference-curve-for-headphones-am-i-the-only-one-that-doesnt-like-this-curve.19668/post-648532 Quoting it here. It is very sad to hear that they do not continue...
  5. C

What items have you NOT purchased as a result of ASR?

Looks like I read the title of the thread wrong. :facepalm:
  6. C

Beyerdynamic T1 Review (V2 headphone)

I don't. I think this is a long running myth that gets disproven over and over. This is just another case.
  7. C

Electromagnetic Interference in Speaker Cables? (video)

What about this video where he puts a charger next to a normal cable and an xlr cable and there's an audible noise in the normal cable? This seems legit to me.
  8. C

What items have you NOT purchased as a result of ASR?

SVS SB-2000 Pro. As subwoofers are hader to get in get in Europe, some were recommending the Arendal subs as alternative, like the 1961 S. Me and my SO problem with the Arendal is that we wanted the woofer to be forward facing, and if we turned the arendal around for that, then the cables would...
  9. C

Dynaudio Emit M10 Review (bookshelf speaker)

I wonder if there's any noticeable difference with their brothers the Emit M20s. I considered buying them in the past, but after the reviews of amir got the DBR-62. Hope I chose well.
  10. C

How should star quad cables be soldered to RCA connectors?

I actually went ahead and bought coaxial cables as people had suggested back in 21 February. Thanks ASR for the help
  11. C

Elac Debut Reference DBR-62 Speaker Review

Is this the same as the Filter by @QMuse? I have put all these manually into Peace, as I don't know what rephase is and how to use it yet.
  12. C

Thanks, If I got it right that post explains how the coax cable is better for unbalanced connections than the star quad cable. But then if I already have star quad cables is it worth it to spend an extra $15 to buy the coax cables? If it is not at all audible then I could just go ahead with the...
  13. C

I modified the picture to show what I understand from your answer. Is my understanding correct?
  14. C

Why not? You can find many of them online prebuilt. Please provide more details as to why it's a bad idea to do this with star quad cables if I already have them and then I will consider buying different cables If it makes sense. Otherwise, please try to address the original question of the...
  15. C

I have some Canare L-4E6S Star Quad cables and I want to make two RCA cables to connect a subwoofer to my system. I looked in various other audio forums but none were clear enough on how to do this properly. The Canare L-4E6S cable has two white wires, two blue wires and a shield. The...
  16. C

It's the Audiophonics MPA-S250NC XLR
  17. C

Finally got everything and put the system together. The XLR cables are DIY soldered with Canare 4e6s and the NC3 Neutrik connectors. Need the speaker stands and subwoofer now. :D
  18. C

NHT C3 Review (3-way speaker)

Yes, I have the DBR-62 actually. I just read the review of this speaker and that bit was bugging me, it's just my comment on that. Nothing against those that actually like the looks
  19. C

NHT C3 Review (3-way speaker)

I dislike the look of the cut left and right side of the woofer. Where's the full circle? :(
  20. C

Age distribution of ASR

In Romania malls are full of young people. They keep building new ones. It seems we're generations behind USA.
Top Bottom