Search results

1. C

Genelec GLM Review (Room EQ & Setup)

Dear Amir, As Dr Sean Olive told you very gently: <<A single measurement? No multiple microphone measurements with spatial averaging?That doesn't seem like a good idea.>> I suspect Dr Floyd Toole would have said exactly the same. And all other Dr's and experts, like the guys in trinnov...
  2. C

Trinnov Altitude 16 Review (AV Processor)

I was there. He owned emotiva xmc 1 for a few years, and he has spent hundreds and thousands of hours with measurements and fine tuning and more measurements and more fine tuning and so on. And one evening, trinnov with a few measurements and by just applying a target curve, made us wondering...
  3. C

Well, it's objectively expensive, 17.000 American dollars are a lot of dollars, who can argue with that?:p But, on the other hand, there are so many speakers out there, costing more than 17 thousand of your American dollars, there are projectors and amplifiers costing much more, plain good old...
  4. C

My friend, there are so many rich audiophiles, which own just a pair of passive speakers much more expensive than my whole av setup, that I am the poor guy between them! :p
  5. C

With trinnov, each output can be used for whatever you need, there is no left or right channel output, the outputs are numbers, No1 No2 up to No16. You can use as many subs as you like, you can build one virtual sub, from 5-6 subs, whatever, with different frequency response for each (like a...
  6. C

Yes, of course. I am using 15 multi-point calibration. One in mlp, 12 points on a circle (~50cm radius) around mlp every ~30°, and 2 points at left & right seats next to mlp. That's my choice in targer curve, sounds to my ears like "true flat" response: -0.5dB@20Hz, +0,5dB@30Hz, -9dB@20kHz...
  7. C

No, you can't and you shouldn't. It's not a plain consumer motherboard, but instead, it's one with components guaranteed for many years of use. Anyway, we are holding our breath for your listening test, after trinnov calibration. I suppose that you have the trinnov microphone.
  8. C

There is no problem playing high resolution files with altitude 16, in fact not only 2 channel 24/192 files, but also blueray audio disks with immersive music at 192 each channel. I haven't found any high resolution file that trinnov could not reproduce. As media player, I use an OPPO 203...
  9. C

Altitude 32 is double the price, but then you have to pay even more for active speakers with digital input.. For listening impressions, I can say that trinnov altitude 16 sounds much much better, used just as a stereo preamp & dac (without any dsp usage), for a simple 2 channel setup, than...
  10. C

Trinnov is using a quite old Dac output board, although they are very capable (years ago) of producing another board with >100 sinad, but they don't see any advantage in this. But OK, they are now quite ready to offer an upgrade to all customers, if needed. As a matter of fact, they don't...
  11. C

You shouldn't. The dsp signal path is 24/48 or lower. Dolby decoding is a black box in these av's and upmixing algorithms are also small black boxes, and crossover slopes are working only in certain ways, volume control is another story, etc. And of course your speaker setup in your room...
  12. C

Trinnov altitude 16 is very cheap, it's a bargain. I'm a happy owner. My also very cheap active speakers, in my 9.4.4 setup (13 active speakers and 4 subs) cost more than 2 trinnov's... Let's say 13*2.000€ and 4*3.000€ =38.000€ Plus stands, cables, etc.. Trinnov is roon ready, ripped sacd...
  13. C

8 outlet power strip for my audio setup

IMHO, all the necessary certifications and compliances are of crucial importance in power strips, and at everything regarding AC/DC power.
  14. C

Bowers & Wilkins 607 S2 Anniversary Edition Review

Shame on you B&W for selling this level of performance in 2021.. Noone should never again buy B&W's.
  15. C

Yes of course. ;) Safety and regulatory certifications matter most. I suppose that some quite expensive hi-end power strips made from wood, like little cute furnitures, are not qualified for those certifications, but some audiophiles claim "huge" upgrade in perceived sound quality. Of course...
  16. C

:) That's a great advice, thanks! :cool: By the way, IMHO, no hi-end brand qualifies as "major brand". :p
  17. C

I am quite confident with Legrand 's surge protection, after all Legrand is a big company with huge experience in this field. Furman is nothing in comparison with Legrand.
  18. C

Thank you, but if i may ask: Why this $190 furman is a true upgrade? Will it sound better than my $20 plain Legrand's? Why? As BDWoody said, I need some kind of evidence to make the right choice.
  19. C

Well, I don't have any noise problems and I am not sure if ac noise filtering has anything to offer, but what can you say about all these awards : https://ifi-audio.com/products/powerstation/ And some people talk about "star connection" , something like this: Without any noise filtering...
  20. C

Amir? Have you done any reviews for power strips? I am particularly interested in your listening tests on power strips.
Top Bottom