Search results

1. thewas

Tekton M-Lore Speaker Review

CLIO uses classic gating so its usually used in normal rooms for above the bass and is not different to other even free tools where you can also do similar...
  2. thewas

Why are speakers measured at 1 meter?

Why would such happen? The direct sound only changes at higher distances due to the air absorption of the higher frequencies. Yes, because above the bass response we tend to prefer a flat direct sound which together with the reflected sound gives depending on the directivity of the loudspeakers...
  3. thewas

Topping D50 III Balanced DAC with EQ Review

For typical room correction usage usually with up to 5 filters per channel someone get good results.
  4. thewas

As a small * remark but anyway my main gripe is rather its limitations which make it more a "gimmick" than a really useful feature, at least for me.
  5. thewas

Yes, but all these give me more the impression of a "marketing gimmick" than a really useful addition which is also not clearly communicated and might lead to disappointed buyers.
  6. thewas

Also it seems the EQ works only for the USB input where actually its needed the least as most such typical devices can implement EQ per software.
  7. thewas

After the hype of Chinese HiFi brands, what is the jury?

I personally strongly doubt most of such electronic devices (not IEMs) are even well engineered, as they are optimised for some not important "brochure metric" like SINAD while suffer under other often more audible ones like load dependency and even more important under poor lifetime...
  8. thewas

Spotify to launch 'Hi-Fi' CD Quality Tier.

How did you do the testing, i.e. tracks and player?
  9. thewas

Neumann KH120 II Monitor Review

It should be added though that the HD800S have without EQ a treble peak (not so large as on the HD800 but still there) which is one of the reasons they sound "analytical". https://www.dropbox.com/s/zsp3jucy5lsty0m/Sennheiser%20HD800S.pdf?e=1&dl=0
  10. thewas

JBL 4349 Review (Studio Monitor Speaker)

That is weird, the link works for me. Maybe you want to try also the general link without the "sublink" to the measurement section? https://audio.com.pl/testy/stereo/kolumny-glosnikowe/3889-jbl-studio-monitor-4349
  11. thewas

Yes, I saw that screenshot and checked also its manual but still had hope it was hidden somewhere, our posts overlapped so I didn't see yours while I was typing mine. Hope they they will implement such a functionality with a firmware update or version IV.
  12. thewas

JBL 4349 Review (Studio Monitor Speaker)

Some more measurements, exemplary one of them: https://audio.com.pl/testy/stereo/kolumny-glosnikowe/3889-jbl-studio-monitor-4349#laboratory
  13. thewas

Can the in total 10 PEQ filters be spread for the left and and right channel, for example 5+5? If not its not really useful for most room correction where there are usually significant asymmetries.
  14. thewas

Finally experienced the Burmester car sound system

It should be said though that such systems are mainly just names/licenses and the components come from the typical automotive OEM and not small high end manufacturers Burmester etc. On which Mercedes model did you enjoy it? A girlfriend of mine has a V class with the "Burmester" audio system and...
  15. thewas

Tekton style like tweeter array good idea?

Obviously the source is Tekton itself as JA wouldn't write such nonsense.
  16. thewas

Tekton style like tweeter array good idea?

I love meaningless and wrong pseudoprecision that shows that the guy who writes it doesn't really have experience in what he is doing. :D
  17. thewas

Svs Ultra series - finally a good bass towers?

When I read diamond coated tweeter I immediately thought but their price doesn't seems bad, hope there will be some some full spin or NFS review and they will perform well. https://www.stereophile.com/content/svs-and-new-ultra-evolution-pinnacle
  18. thewas

He simply doesn't get it and become a tiniest bit silent and apologetic but keeps digging and digging his own hole deeper and deeper, I can only think of this:
  19. thewas

Legal fund for Reviewers/Erin?

Hey, don't talk bad about pigs, they are some of the most intelligent animals and have nothing mean inside them but on the other hand provide us with so many benefits and pleasure, something that cannot be said about many humans. ;)
  20. thewas

The problem of such people (which are often found also in the "high end" audio) is that its hard to tell if they are purely incompetent or purely dishonest or a what a percentage mixture with both. So he could be writing these emails either as he believes this nonsense to make his ego feel...
Top Bottom