Search results

1. Jazmanaut

Amphion studio monitors

My thoughts exactly i have been mixing and mastering over 25 years and heard tons of good speakers in some of the finest studios. (Especially almost every genelecs since I'm from finland) but first time I heard amphions, I knew that my search for a perfect monitor is finally over. I can...
  2. Jazmanaut

Review and Measurements of Topping NX4 DSD Dac and Portable Headphone Amplifier

Im pretty sure that they had HD600 in mind, when they designed that bass boost. It does wonder with those cans!
  3. Jazmanaut

NAD Viso HP50 Review (headphone)

Nope. Actual drivers are dead.
  4. Jazmanaut

NAD Viso HP50 Review (headphone)

I had those for couple years, but they started to loose their sound a bit by bit, and then one driver just went dead. Tried to contact NAD, but never get any responce from them._ So i read from online, that drivers have these breaking issues and you actually cant listen them too loud or they...
  5. Jazmanaut

Comparison of DRCs: Dirac Live for Studio, IK Multimedia ARC System 3 and Sonarworks Reference 4 Studio edition

Thank you for comparisation. This is on line with my tests from few years ago. My conclusion was, that ARC and Dirac are very very close sounding. I liked ARC a hair better tho. This was V2. tho. I like V3 even more. And i do like to correct full spectrum in my monitoring setup.
  6. Jazmanaut

Amphion studio monitors

Let me rephrase: If i have understood correctly (?) predicted room responce is for ”normal” hifi speakers, for normal livingroom conditions, and with its acoustic anomalities. When you rise that speaker, and listening position, room modes and early reflection hits to different positions in audio...
  7. Jazmanaut

Amphion studio monitors

Has anyone tried to figure out, how these predicted room responces actually differs with monitor type speakers? I mean that with monitors you listen them very differently than in a hifi situations: Studiorooms are usually quite well treated, they are in nearfield, like 1-1.5m, instead of 2-3m...
  8. Jazmanaut

Amphion studio monitors

Not trying to impress you. Just answering your question. Just chill out a bit.
  9. Jazmanaut

Amphion studio monitors

Well, I have been spoken with the designer, and he said that consumer models uses a bit different components, and voicing is more relaxed, than studio pro line.
  10. Jazmanaut

Amphion studio monitors

When i was looking new monitors to my mastering suite, my budget was 10K€ and i actually listened a huge amount of speakers in that price range, over an year period. The first time i heard amphion one18 in my studio i was blown away. This is the sound i have allways been hunting! and after...
  11. Jazmanaut

Amphion studio monitors

Yes, that spectrogram view shows that its slightly elevated, and rings ”massively” 1ms at -10dB longer than rest of the spectrum. What about peaks? If you listen 85dB average, and speakers can produce way over 100dB at 3% distortion, there is massive amount of dynamics. If you need more, buy a...
  12. Jazmanaut

Amphion studio monitors

Actually, if you search that massive GS topic, there is pretty good measurements and quite deep analysis on them.
  13. Jazmanaut

Amphion studio monitors

Those measurements are absurd! At least how i see, and i nicht sprechen German. They are measuring distortion levels above 100dB! Thats like PA levels for nearfield studiomonitors, that you are usually listening on average 85dB. I really hope, that Amir does proper measurements someday. Btw...
  14. Jazmanaut

Amphion studio monitors

So what and where are those graphs from? Those definedly differ from my measurements, on the room, from the listening position.
  15. Jazmanaut

Amphion studio monitors

Oh, and amhion have two product lines. Hifi and studio, so those measurements above about heliums and such dont compaire with ones series.
  16. Jazmanaut

Amphion studio monitors

I have pair of One18 in my mastering facility and they are the best thing ever. At first, they sound a bit boring, but when you start working with them, youll be amazed. I still have not figure out whats that magig about, but they reveal instantly what you need to do, and when you are ready...
  17. Jazmanaut

About Valco ANC Bluetooth Headphones

I think that most interesting is how they do compare to the other headphones. But now we are derailing to another topic.
  18. Jazmanaut

If you have been watching headphone measurement scene closely, you should know, that measurements is just one guideline, but nothing absolute that tells you how headphones actually sounds, when wearing them. My main reference is my extremely neutral sounding mastering studio, and as a headphone...
  19. Jazmanaut

Sorry. Been bysy and on mobile whole day. All of those informations and mesurements you asked, can be found in our web page. ...and now that I looked, they are a bit messed up, and the product page does not show all the info. But if you go to the main page and scroll down, woop there it is! Got...
Top Bottom