Search results

1. Rick Sykora

Legal fund for Reviewers/Erin?

Saw the thread just before it closed. Had never been there before so went there with no expectations. Agree on the animosity but makes more sense based on the forum culture you shared. Thanks. Feel no need to go there again!
  2. Rick Sykora

Tekton M-Lore Speaker Measurement Update

Could be but seems rather shortsighted. His permission is more important than accurate representation of the speaker's performance? Does not play well legally and likely worse in the court of public opinion.:oops:
  3. Rick Sykora

As was mentioned more than once, cannot rely on that graph I reposted from Stereophile. I later found this in another Tekton thread... https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/tekton-style-like-tweeter-array-good-idea.53657/post-1948731 Am waiting to see if I can get better...
  4. Rick Sykora

Working too hard can give you a Heart Attack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack... My Heart Attack Story.

Pleased you are still with us!:) Best wishes, Rick
  5. Rick Sykora

Dayton Audio OPAL1 speaker launches

Anyone know if Erin has the new Dayton A400 amplifier in his queue?
  6. Rick Sykora

Dayton Audio OPAL1 speaker launches

Thanks for sharing! Not a huge surprise given Dayton’s recent history that these do not measure well. It is not that difficult to do better so suspect that is not the target market for them. As @Wolf suggests probably made more for the party crowd that is looking for something with some decent...
  7. Rick Sykora

Lol, at over 6 ft tall and 225 lbs., it surely could flatten! On its side, reminds me of a couple of gattling guns with some side cannons. With that bass peak, sure it has plenty of boom too. :)
  8. Rick Sykora

It is America, isn’t more better? ;) The Moab struggles with low impedance so let’s add 4 more drivers and that should fix it!
  9. Rick Sykora

Regardless of the designer’s appalling behavior, why does this Ulfberht monstrosity merit any consideration? Not that it matters as Amir is unlikely to deal with its size and Erin is not doing any more Tekton reviews. At over $20K, does not seem very competitive. Stereophile just reviewed a...
  10. Rick Sykora

Thanks Amir! That makes 2 more measurements from you than the Tekton owner has posted for any of his speakers. :oops: If you consider my 2 sims of Tekton’s Footgate, makes 2 more sims than he has posted too!
  11. Rick Sykora

Tekton style like tweeter array good idea?

Given how elusive EA is, 1 kHz could be intentionally deceptive. Or could refer to an acoustic crossover point. The electric one for the array was modeled on diyaudio and clearly rolls off well above 1000 Hz. In the end, it is one number in a complex crossover design for the array. The bass...
  12. Rick Sykora

Understanding Vented Speaker Impedance

He does not do below 200 Hz you know.:) I find thick cardboard tubes easiest to adjust and finish. I usually flare the exit and have not found a need to do an internal flare Although my Purifi SPKs came with some, they are an unusual size. If you follow port spacing and location rules, it...
  13. Rick Sykora

Tekton M-Lore Speaker Review

The beatings shall continue until morale improves!;)
  14. Rick Sykora

Yes, the material properties in varying temps can affect performance. Reminds me to call out how impedance measures can vary based on voltage level too. For that matter, even though I have seen some decent correlation between speaker design software and reality, am almost always tweaking bass...
  15. Rick Sykora

A simple way to see the difference air temperature affect can affect sound is an online wavelength calculator. You can set a frequency and pick speed of sound at 20 C and then redo at 40. :)
  16. Rick Sykora

Equal is the rule of thumb case. You see the current state in post #22. The original SPK5 had a long twisty port and would not allow internal mounting of the crossover, The SPK4 calls for 9 inch port and is still too long, The posted impedance measures use a 7 inch port... Bear in mind the...
  17. Rick Sykora

Yes, should add, that the original alignment is not a typical one. This was an SPK5 that I put the crossover inside and then had to rework the port to fit. This is what made it closer to the SPK4. More importantly, although my tests showed a shift in the box tuning due to the leaks, simply...
  18. Rick Sykora

As promised, here is the response sim for the cabinet leak depicted in post #22.... In this case, this seems likely to be an audible difference. Some might argue that the leaky case may be better. Position within the room has a major effect and so is within the range of typical vented...
  19. Rick Sykora

Tekton M-Lore Speaker Review

Modeled the M-Lore with a Eminence Beta 8 and, if you make the cabinet leakier and up the tuning several Hz, you get a comparable effect on its response just as @tmtomh showed earlier on Erin's Troubadour review... Note this is just an estimate as did not sim a potential crossover but can see...
Top Bottom