Search results

1. muza_1

What are your top 3 IEM ?

1. CCA Trio. 2. Truthear Zero:RED (EQed). 3. Moondrop Chu II or 7Hz Zero:2 (EQed) for use connected directly to the 3.5 port. Had to mention KZ Castor (both Silver and Black) they are really good for the price (+/- $10). I mostly use the CCA Trio.
  2. muza_1

An informal listening test proposition based on Sean Olive’s 2024 NYC CanJam presentation

The website is easy to use and straight forward. I chose the same target for all tracks and got most of the first target right, I had to do another pass for some after posting. Although I chose the first target I prefer it a little less bright I suspect that the as is the first one would get a...
  3. muza_1

Best 'Bang for your buck' IEM - Poll

I think so too, I tried the KZ Castor (similar design, port and shell wise) some time ago and they share similarities on the presentation and "spaciousness" but I like the Trio way more.
  4. muza_1

I forgot to mention, wider boar tips for me tend to lower the treble and bass a bit but can sound a bit wired but I think is because of the seal (I use L or XL), narrow bore ones tend to emphasize the bass a bit and some times make the treble a bit more energetic, I tend to like something in the...
  5. muza_1

I don't think is real but the Trio already sounds spacious, for me is mostly about bore width (and length) and how easy I can get a good seal, similar bore size tips sound mostly the same to me although the type of material can make a difference in isolation and confort and some times the size...
  6. muza_1

Do you invest money in IEM cables for Design and comfort?

I saw that one too but because at times I use IEMs with a phone I'm going to try and see if it's more confortable instead of using a dongle.
  7. muza_1

I haven't seen the Zero with mic/control, I checked them and ordered one (usb-c) as you said not fantastic but for the price it looks good and the cable is light, I have the Hola and is a really good cable and IEM for the price. As for the OG Zero, I got it when it came out but it was too...
  8. muza_1

Looks good and light but I think the mic is just one button and I use the volume control as often as the "ok" button, it was difficult to find the one I use most are either a one button mic or too expensive, I also found one similar in silver but its an angled connector and shorter but it's also...
  9. muza_1

I change almost all my IEMs cables just because I also use them while walking/running and I like the cable to have a 3 button control, is difficult to find an IEM that comes with one, I use NICEHCK BlackWheat ($16.00) because they are soft, silent, not too heavy and don't tangle easily.
  10. muza_1

Yes I tired them with the Trio but it was really difficult to get a seal, I am using either the 7Hz red ones or TRN T-tips, but with the 1010 switch configuration I am confortable with the treble and I like the tonality. The Spring tips work well with the Zero:2 (and the Chu II) but I think my...
  11. muza_1

7Hz x Crinacle Zero:2 IEM Review

I guess it depends on the ears, the colorful tips from 7Hz are the ones I use for all my IEMs, after trying all the ones (SpinFit, Tangzu, Dunu, Clarion, KBEAR etc.) mentioned in this and other IEM threads this ones (red and blue) are the most confortable, silent (I don't hear my steps while...
  12. muza_1

I also don't think the measurements are really accurate (non was taken with an original calibrated coupler) but they mostly agree with each other at least on the shape of the curve, some things like the bass bump vary quite a bit between measurements (there is also unit to unit variation), I...
  13. muza_1

For me all switches on sound more neutral with a bit of a bass bump which I don't mind (I prefer the bump around 80Hz rather than 200Hz which is more prevalent) but I tried various switch combinations and like the 1010 it lowers the treble and a bit of bass, I am treble sensitive so this...
  14. muza_1

I don't know if the Trio are more confortable than the Zero for everyone, they are heavy but I can wear them for a long time and I like them more than the Zero:Red and even if the switches seem gimmicky they work well if you want a bit more of bass or a bit less treble with out changing the...
  15. muza_1

After using them for few days I think the CCA Trio, around $30.00, are one of the best bang for bucks you can get.
  16. muza_1

Truthear x Crinacle Zero:RED IEM Review

Thanks, that list is what I have been using but what I need is the .xlm file to upload to a graph tool, so I can modify the EQ to my preference.
  17. muza_1

Truthear x Crinacle Zero:RED IEM Review

May I ask, where did you get Oratory1990 measurements file? I have some of the headphones/IEMs he has measured but I end up modifying his prestes it would be much easier just to load the files and make my own EQ, thanks.
  18. muza_1

The most overrated and underrated headphone you tried?

Overrated for me the Shure SE530 I have them since they came out and used them for years until it was easier to get other brands here. Comparing them to modern IEMs the mid-frequency is too prominent they lack bass and treble and sound unnatural, really good isolation though. Not underrated...
  19. muza_1

The bestiary of the most common (and debunked by science) audiophile myths

You are right but must of the times when you hear that they are just referring to the audiophile myth, I was talking more about the real life scenario in which you can have a single driver sound as good as a (well tuned) multi-driver one without the added complexity and price hike that comes...
Top Bottom