Search results

1. PaulyT

Movie Trailers | Music Videos | Excitement - Love, Life & the Blues

Thanks, Melody Gardot is one of my favorites. Didn't know she had a new album out, ordered!
  2. PaulyT

A Deep Dive into HDMI Audio Performance

Amir, thanks so much for this article and all the work you put into it. I learned a lot and it has changed how I think about digital audio.
  3. PaulyT

What are we listening to right now..

Nice, I like that a lot! Ordered. I fully admit I'm partial to anything with a piano in it. But that's an interesting combo, piano and bass.
  4. PaulyT

Coax, optical, ethernet, USB, HDMI....

I've always thought that as long as the bandwidth of the digital transport is adequate, so that the bits all arrive "as is" at the input of the DAC, that there's no audible difference. How could there be if the digital data is unchanged from the original media? Maybe that's overly simplistic...
  5. PaulyT

Blind taste test, different transfer equipment (jazz)

Thanks Ray. Again I say ... huh. Not sure what to make of this.
  6. PaulyT

Blues ♫ Music only | ...That you listen now, or recently, or you love...

Thanks, just ordered that Waits album (Mule Variations) - looking forward to it. (Yeah I'm old school, still use physical media. :D )
  7. PaulyT

Huh. Can someone with more knowledge/software than me do some sort of frequency analysis of the two tracks? Kinda like what Waldrep shows in a lot of his blog posts. I'm curious whether there's a measurable difference in the HF region that would account for what I heard.
  8. PaulyT

Just so I understand, by "correct choice" you mean file 2 was tube, file 1 was ss?
  9. PaulyT

I much preferred the second file as well. I thought the first was missing something in the HF range.
  10. PaulyT

John Lee Hooker is definitely one of my favorite bluesmen, love this album in particular:
  11. PaulyT

Yeah from what I gather she really had a rough patch, but has cleaned herself up in recent years. She looked great when I saw her, and in the videos I've got of her. Definitely recommend this one: We're getting a little off track here, not exactly blues... but definitely "bluesy" rock. Beth...
  12. PaulyT

This was 2013. Taken from my seat; sorry for the crappy quality, it was dark and I only had my little cheapo p&s camera with me.
  13. PaulyT

Yeah I've seen Beth Hart live once, nice smaller venue sort of like a dinner theater, where you go eat and tables are right up next to the stage; we were sitting <10 feet away from her piano. She's a terrific singer, love her solo stuff and her multiple albums/concerts with Joe Bonamassa. She...
  14. PaulyT

Yeah, Joe knew and played with BB a bit when he was (very) young.
  15. PaulyT

Me and my family with Joe in 2013: One of the photos I got signed: (sorry not trying to brag or anything, just a big Bonamassa fan - I think he's an excellent musician, and seems to be a down to earth guy)
  16. PaulyT

Awesome! I've seen Joe live a few times, even got to meet him (have some aluminum-print photos I took of him that I got him to sign the next year), he always puts on a good show, IMHO.
  17. PaulyT

Big blues fan here. Love Rory Block! And that Scaggs compilation looks pretty interesting, too. For a contemporary interpretation, I highly recommend this concert - both the video and audio quality are terrific (available as both video and CDs). Here Joe's doing songs written by or made...
  18. PaulyT

Testing Playground | Kids Area | Learning Zone

Nope, don't see the picture in either.
  19. PaulyT

Computer Audiophiles Are Anti-Computer

Nah, it's more fun just to watch.
Top Bottom