Search results

1. Timbo2

Hifiman HE400SE Review (Headphone)

Yes. I had the same issue. The buzz is mostly likely one of the many, many screws holding the drivers together that has backed off. They are relatively easy to disassemble and tighten, but it's not completely an easy job. It's part of the reason I wouldn't recommend them to somebody that...
  2. Timbo2

HifiBerry AMP60 Stereo Amplifier Review

My guess given what looks like a barrel connector is that it was designed to run off one the many generic 19V laptop power supplies. Most of them put out between 2A and 4A and have wildly different levels of build quality and certifications.
  3. Timbo2

I'm not the best hand with a soldering iron, but the @solderdude filter made what I considered a very pleasing sounding headphone sound even better. It wasn't terribly hard to build. Removing the peak helped bring out the low end .
  4. Timbo2

Hifiman HE400se Owner's Thread.

If you want to go the Aliexpress route you can do it for about $25, but you will need to destroy the pads that come with the headphones. Otherwise you can buy rings for the outrageous $10 price or 3D print a set like I did. This will jump to where I discussed it...
  5. Timbo2

JDS Labs - Subjective 3

JDS is really good about answering email. Just send them an email and you should get an answer within two business days or less. The pots on my unit are on their 4th year or so with no issues.
  6. Timbo2

Topping DM7 8-Channel DAC Review

I had one of these in college. We referred to the backlit LCD as “Tokyo at Night”.
  7. Timbo2

If your amp plays loud enough there is little to be gained going balanced. OTH, I found new pads to be both more comfortable and they provided a better seal which resulted in better bass for me. Details on the pads here...
  8. Timbo2

Musetec Audio (LKS Audio) MH-DA005 Review (DAC)

Well best I can tell there are roughly five different "fudous" that can return depending on how you'd like to spell it in Japanese. 不動: ふどう (P, adj-no, n) immovable, motionless, firm, unwavering, unshakable, steadfast, (P, n, abbr) Acala (Wisdom King), Fudō, fierce Buddhist deity 浮動: ふどう...
  9. Timbo2

Marantz SA-10 Review (SACD Player & DAC)

I'm imaging the thing removing a small child's finger as it shuts slowly and silently. Except from the screams of the child of course.
  10. Timbo2

Octave Music Don Grusin High Resolution Music Analysis (Video)

@amirm - the title of the track "so nan desu" is an aizuchi. (Better romanization would be "sou nan desu".) It's a listening word or acknowledgement. Common common English translations would be "Really!" or "Really?" or "Is that so?", etc. But the real meaning would depend on the context of...
  11. Timbo2

Felston DD740 Review (Digital Audio Delay)

Nvidia Shield TV has a system wide setting that will adjust delay for all the applications.
  12. Timbo2

Well, I just had these things apart for third time. This time I had to remove the entire driver as one of the nuts that clamps the driver had fully backed off and was rattling around inside the plastic ear cup housing. Let me just say I have a mixed recommendation on these. I really enjoy...
  13. Timbo2

Beyerdynamic DT150 Review (Closed Back Headphone)

I also recommend the film! Departures (2008 film)
  14. Timbo2

I did the no-name Chinese sheepskin pads route and seemed to notice a nice increase in bass. I assume it's because I'm getting a better seal with the rear of the pad and more conforming foam. I highly recommend it both for comfort and sound. More info in the review thread -...
  15. Timbo2

I'll also put in a plug for replacement ear pads. I wanted to try something that wasn't the synthetic leather that comes stock to see if I could get some more comfort. However, I wanted something that didn't significantly change the distances from the stock pads. I wound up buying the 105mm...
  16. Timbo2

Did the same and was surprised how much more comfortable it made the headband. It's not especially noticeable so the plan right now is to just leave it on the headphones. Thanks for the suggestion!
  17. Timbo2

Carver M-1.5t Review (Vintage Amp)

Do it! I always wanted one of those back in the day.
  18. Timbo2

@solderdude Thanks for both your review and your filter! I just built the filter yesterday and was very, very pleased with how it smoothed out the treble. Highly recommended. I'd never worked with film capacitors before and assumed that 2.2uF film caps would be roughly the same size as...
  19. Timbo2

After a month with these I'm still very happy with my purchase, but with one issue. They are built to a price and it shows. I would hesitate to recommend them to somebody that isn't willing or able to tinker with them. Specifically, I started to notice a rattle in my right channel. I was...
  20. Timbo2

It has a stated 18 ohm versus 25 ohm impedance for the HE400se. So, no, not exactly the same.
Top Bottom