Search results

1. S

KEF Blade 2 Meta review by Erin's Audio Corner

As a former reviewer for a totally different area - even with website reviews there is always the unspoken fact that many/most companies will stop working with you if you are too honest and objective. It's not just the incentive to take freebies and all of that. To be objective you need to...
  2. S

KEF Blade 2 Meta review by Erin's Audio Corner

Is Amir getting the blade as well or do you mean the R11M? Eitherway it's great to see them be more active on here and support both sites. Also gives a lot of credence to their own data.
  3. S

Subwoofer JL Audio 113v2 vs 112v2 vs 110v2

Yeah some good feedback in this thread. JL are decent subwoofers that focus on volume efficiency. The Fathoms IMO are particularly overpriced, perhaps because of the upcharge for their built in room correction. The E112 in particular is a good performing sub that makes more value sense...
  4. S

KEF LS60 Wireless Just Announced

I look forward to the black friday discount now the standard price is lower ;) Fingers crossed. I also look forward to either a bookshelf version, a center version or an active R3. I want the LS60's, but bought a wider media center so that I could put my LS50's on it. Now I don't really have...
  5. S

KEF LS50 Meta Review (Speaker)

IMO they would work well though I'd also consider speakers built for short range monitor applications like Genelec, Neumann. I have LSX's on my desk and had considered the ls50 but was short on space.
  6. S

Master "deals" (massdrop, ebay, Amazon, etc.) Thread on Audio Product Sales

Nice - this doesn't surprise me. IMO great value, but as more "lifestyley" speakers at 7K they were a big ask for most people not used to "audiophile sticker shock" lol. Also just to add - 3800H routinely goes to 1K, even down to 900 occasionally, so I wouldnt' jump at that price ;)
  7. S

KEF R3 Meta - Review & Measurements by Erin

Nice - that looks way better than my memory of the old R5
  8. S

KEF LSX II

Nice - wish these were out earlier I would have saved money. I will always choose a wire over wireless given a choice ;)
  9. S

Master "deals" (massdrop, ebay, Amazon, etc.) Thread on Audio Product Sales

They are waiting for me to cave! They must not know my spouse ;)
  10. S

Kef LS60 wireless review by ErinsAudioCorner

AI summary of the vid didn't reveal him comparing it to others. Love to know how he feels about it vs the ref 1 meta and the D&D8C.
  11. S

The online coffee/espresso culture mirrors the subjectivist audio crowd.

I'd love to see some more science behind espresso machines - it shouldn't be hard just takes the right equipment. Grinders should be measured for performance - breadth of grind range and tightness/accuracy of grind. Espresso machines should be tested for steam temperature and pressure...
  12. S

Dirac ART is now running on beta FW for Denon Xx800H AVRs!

qq I mean, if it's a must then wait. Personally I'm waiting as I hate DLC type launches. Wake me up when the complete product is ready - whether that is the 3800h or 3900h...
  13. S

new KEF KC62 dual 6.5" subwoofer

While it's expected - did you compare apples to apples in the sense of using room correction and matching the response to a house curve as best you could? Still wouldn't be a blind test, but if you're not applying room correction (and verifying the results) then the room effects will be...
  14. S

You compared the KF92 vs the SB-4000? Difference should have been drastic - according to the spreadsheet SB4000 is 10-17dB more output across the board. Again these subs are designed with different end users and criteria in mind, they are only really similar in price.
  15. S

Cardioid is about constant directivity vs frequency. Single apparent source is about the sound effectively coming from one location. The LS60 has smooth directivity partly because of the single apparent source but it's not constant vs frequency.
  16. S

Agreed - dummy friendly I'd use an AVR with Dirac x3800h sometimes goes on sale for $1k, then budget more for the dirac upgrade. OR for 2 channel go with minidsp flex for 500 + again more for dirac and a mic. Cheapest way - like kemmler said, get a umik and use it with existing pc with REW and...
  17. S

Yeah surprised they went on sale after being so new. I'd wondered if they would but figured they'd wait for next year.
  18. S

did you use room correction?
  19. S

$2500 for System for Office with Standing Desk

Yeah I wouldn't spend $2500 on a system that is not going to move with the desk. There are ways to mount stand mounts to desks of course, or simply get a bigger desk such that they can fit.
  20. S

$2500 for System for Office with Standing Desk

Kind of like how long is a piece of string. Only you know what size and price you can tolerate. If we ignore bad designs, bigger subs either have higher output or go lower and usually both. Ported subs favor higher output with a fast rolloff, sealed favor a lower rolloff (and you can get a...
Top Bottom