Search results

1. pk500

WTT: Dan Clark Audio Aeon 2 Closed with Noire pads for Focal Elex

Wanted To Trade: Dan Clark Audio Aeon 2 Closed with Noire pads for Focal Elex Looking to trade a pair of Dan Clark Audio Aeon 2 Closed with Noire fenestrated pads – basically the Noire but with the red-and-black body of the A2C – for a pristine pair of Focal Elex. Feel free to PM me if you...
  2. pk500

FS: Meze 99 Classics, Sennheiser HD 560s, Moondrop Starfield

Three sets of headphones/earphones, all less than a year old and in excellent condition. Smoke-free home, meticulously stored and cared. All prices include shipping to continental U.S. Meze 99 Classics (silver hardware) -- Brainwavz Hybrid Oval Velour pads are installed to tame the bass and...
  3. pk500

Torn: Focal Elegia vs. Dan Clark Audio Aeon Closed X/RT

Hi all: I'm looking to step up from my Meze 99 Classics in a closed-back. The Mezes' bass is just too uncontrolled, too bloomy. Seeking something with some warmth and a bit of richness in controlled bass, with no bleed or bloom into the mids or treble. I do NOT like hot treble, as a pretty...
  4. pk500

Any impressions of THX Onyx DAC/amp?

Has anyone used or seen a serious audiophile review of the new THX Onyx headphone DAC/amp dongle? It looks quite clean, with good specs, and it's THX's first consumer product. But it's not cheap at $200. And I wonder if that price is justified by performance or if we're just paying a "THX tax?"...
  5. pk500

Confused by HiFiMan HE400 line

Hi all: I'm looking to dip my toes into planars, but I don't have $350 right now for HiFiMan Sundaras. So, I'm looking at their little brothers, the HE400 series. But there seem to be about four active versions of the HE400 series, and damned if I know the differences besides price. The...
  6. pk500

Open-back recommendations at $350 or less

Hi all: Like George and Louise Jefferson (sorry for 1970s TV reference), I'm movin' on up when it comes to open-back headphones. I have owned Philips SHP9500's, but I want to move into upper low-end or low mid-range open-back, wired cans. Here are my music preferences. I like indie rock...
  7. pk500

Small (maybe portable) DAC/amp advice needed

Hi all: I want to buy a DAC/amp to drive my Meze 99 Classic, Moondrop Starfield and the probable upcoming purchase of either HiFiMan Sundara, HiFiMan HE400i (2020) or Sennheiser 560s. Yes, I know the 99 Classics and Starfields don't NEED amplification, but I think both would benefit from it...
  8. pk500

Comparing Edifier R1280T, Micca PB42X

Hi all: I'm in the process of comparing powered 2.0 speakers to replace the Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 speaker setup that has been in my office since early 2015. The subwoofer of the Klipsch overpowers the satellites, even when turned low, and the sound from the satellites is too tinny. My music...
Top Bottom