Search results

1. Pandemonium

Dan Clark Stealth Review (State of the Art Headphone)

The listing must be using the Harman curve without the bass shelf. That's the only way the Sundara would come out ahead.
  2. Pandemonium

The preference scoring on this list doesn't make any sense at all. Simply looking at the freq. response and distortion measurements will show that the Stealth is superior to all of those headphones listed above it. (Assuming that you agree with the Harman target response in the first place) I'm...
  3. Pandemonium

Dan Clark Audio Aeon 2 Closed, Aeon 2 Noire and Stealth

Got em'. Had to have a listen for myself.
  4. Pandemonium

Perhaps these are ranked according to the 2013 version of the curve? I'm not sure.
  5. Pandemonium

This rating is not correct. I'm not sure how he came up with these rankings. The Stealth is far closer to the target response than any of those headphones.
  6. Pandemonium

But I'm taking up far too much space on this thread so I'll stop here and say that this list by jaakkopasanen is not ranking headphones according to the 2018 Harman curve like how OP thought it was.
  7. Pandemonium

I think we may have had a misunderstanding between us. I'm not confused, the DCA Stealths are the closest measuring headphones to the 2018 Harman Target. The OP was confused why this list by jaakkopasanen lists other headphones as actually being closer to the target than the Stealths.
  8. Pandemonium

Yes. I am referring to the latter list. Also, the OP said "Assuming I've interpreted this list correctly, Amir highly rates the Stealth largely to their adherence to the Harman curve but according to this list they don't conform as tightly to the curve as many others. The Aeon 2 closed and...
  9. Pandemonium

I'm concerned because the OP made it seem like Amir's measurements conflicted with Crinacle's and Oratory's and they do not.
  10. Pandemonium

I didn't realize that the Carbon Fiber XC had a radically different tuning than the Wood XC. However, this list still doesn't make any sense. Perhaps he is ranking according to the 2013 Harman curve instead of the 2018 Harman curve? I'm not sure why he would do that.
  11. Pandemonium

?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? The XCs have a score of 89 but the Stealths have a score of 86?
  12. Pandemonium

I am not sure who Jaakkop Pasanens is but this list does not rank what you think that it ranks @nonnyno
  13. Pandemonium

I think there has been some sort of fundamental misunderstanding here but I'm not sure where.
  14. Pandemonium

Not that I think that adherence to the curve is the only measure of quality. I just don't think this list is correct in the first place.
  15. Pandemonium

Nor are the Sundara's or HD-600s as close to the target as the Stealth.
  16. Pandemonium

I don't think that you have interpreted this list correctly.
  17. Pandemonium

What am I misunderstanding here? I don't get this listing.
  18. Pandemonium

Perhaps we're reading this list wrong because the Sennheiser HD-560s seems to be ranked 3rd but they're nowhere near as close to the target response as the Stealths.
  19. Pandemonium

I would love to know what movie you are referring to.
Top Bottom