Search results

1. ironhorse128

This is absurd! The ROON windows app draws about 80 to 90W using my GPU.

I recently noticed that my PC was consuming a significant amount power. I found out that the problem is the roon windows app (not the server, just the windows client), which draws about 80 watts using my GPU. If I close the windows app my computer needs about 60W (measured with Shelly Plug via...
  2. ironhorse128

It was quite a journey for me to build a system that I feel is truly great.

It was quite a journey for me to build a system that I feel is truly great. My Equipment: ThinkStation P330 Tiny acting as roon server Raspi + Allo DigiOne running RoPieee MiniDSP SHD Studio performing the XO at 80hz and the dirac room correction RME ADI DAC2 -> VTV Purifi EVAL1 amp -> KEF R3...
  3. ironhorse128

Are corroded monoprice banana plugs still good?

I recently purchased these monoprice banana plugs (https://www.monoprice.eu/products/monoprice-high-quality-gold-plated-speaker-banana-plugs-5-pairs-closed-screw-type-for-speaker-wire-home-theater-wall-plates-and?_pos=2&_sid=c64965014&_ss=r). These should be “24K gold plated brass plug”. After...
  4. ironhorse128

Headphone amps in Denon AVReceivers

Recently I have been forced to use the headphone amp of my Denon x2500h for almost all my movie and TV show watching. I mainly use my Argon Modhouse Mk3 which I find are actually quite enjoyable. I was wondering if anything is known about the quality of the headphone amp in Denon AVReceivers...
  5. ironhorse128

Sold

Sold
  6. ironhorse128

Is a 2m/6 feet listening distance ok for the use of 3-way tower speakers?

I am considering to upgrade from bookshelves to my first pair of tower speaker (3-way, e.g. Revel f206, Kef R7). I am sitting 2m away from my speakers. I would like to keep this listening distance. Would the short listening distance raise any problems? I might have heard/ read that 3-way tower...
  7. ironhorse128

How to compute parameter values (frequency, gain, Q-value) to EQ a loudspeaker

I would like to be able to compute parameter values (frequency, gain, Q-value) to EQ a loudspeaker or headphone. I guess it is a more or less complex optimization problem given the frequency response of the loudspeaker/ headphone and a target curve. I know that there are some programs (e.g...
  8. ironhorse128

XTZ EDGE A2-300 - Pictures from Inside

Recently I bought a XTZ EDGE A2-300 and opened it up to deactivate the front LED. I made a few pictures to document the construction and the cabling. Pic 00: Pic 01: Pic 02: Pic 03: Pic 04: Pic 05: Pic 06: Pic 07: Pic 08: Pic 09: Pic 10: Pic 11: Pic 12: Pic 13...
Top Bottom