Search results

1. TheWalkman

A Call For Humor!

Enough burning flesh stories, folks. Now back the Call for Humor Thread…
  2. TheWalkman

What interesting and tasty cheese are you enjoying today? This is like the spirits thread but for cheese.

While hiking in the Italian Dolomites many years ago, my hiking partner and I had a pasta dish in a local mountain hut topped with smoked ricotta, “Ricotta Affumicata” . The soft ricotta is smoked into a dry, dense puck and grated onto the pasta. The taste was sublime. I’ve never been able...
  3. TheWalkman

What interesting and tasty cheese are you enjoying today? This is like the spirits thread but for cheese.

IMHO, one of the finer cheeses produced in America. Very creamy, slightly salty. Great with a glass of red. (Fun backstory on the farm: an heir to the appliance fortune decided that making cheese was far more fun than building washers and dryers.)
  4. TheWalkman

3E Audio 260-2-29A : TPA3255 / HA3588 CoilCraft / PFFB Fully differential.

Daniboun, Agreed. However, ALIEXPRESS is big enough that Paypal apparently defers to Alipay for problem escalation (which has never worked in my favor) and it takes an escalation to get PayPal to intervene. They do there best to get you to throw in the towel and simply give up. I‘ve done...
  5. TheWalkman

3E Audio 260-2-29A : TPA3255 / HA3588 CoilCraft / PFFB Fully differential.

I’ve had several issues with ALIEXPRESS purchases - damaged products, misleading listings, items stolen from packages- and despite talking a very big game about free returns, refunds, etc. ALIEXPRESS is useless when it comes to supporting me as a buyer and getting a refund for me. They have...
  6. TheWalkman

A Call For Humor!

I watched the YouTube documentary on PopCorn Sutton. Quite a character and fun watch This was the hillbilly take on the Kentucky Bourbon Trail.
  7. TheWalkman

Akitika GT-108 Stereo Amplifier Kit Review

As someone who reminisces, disappointedly, for never having built a Hafler amp back in the day, for $425, I’d spend my funds elsewhere and use my saved assembly time to listen to some relaxing music on a Hypex, Purifi or TI based Class D amp.
  8. TheWalkman

AUDIOPHONICS MPA-S250NC Amp Review

Joola, FWIW, I’m a happy Audiophonics customer (HPA-S400ET - Purifi) and hate to hear how this played out. At the very least, I’d hope they’d at least sell a replacement switch for a reasonable amount or share an OEM part number and point you to the switch manufacturer so you could buy one...
  9. TheWalkman

Bricasti M1SE Stereo DAC Review

For the same money, I can, instead, buy 1000 of these Apple DACS or better yet, I can buy a single dongle, hang it on my iPhone and using the saved funds, spend three weeks on the beach in Fiji listening to my music library. Decisions, decisions…
  10. TheWalkman

A Call For Humor!

From Time (2007): There's a great photo of Bill Gates from 1977, the year he would have graduated from Harvard if he hadn't dropped out. He was 22 at the time and looks all of 16. He's got a flowered collar, tinted glasses and feathered blond hair, and he looks so happy, you'd swear he knew...
  11. TheWalkman

A Call For Humor!

That’s just nuts!
  12. TheWalkman

A Call For Humor!

Recently a buddy and I were playing Pickleball and a couple of guys in their early thirties wanted to play in. We split up the teams (so we wouldn’t emotionally scar these youngsters.) As we were about to start game, my friend takes an incoming phone call on his Apple watch. I quipped to...
  13. TheWalkman

A Call For Humor!

And how many tow trucks did AAA send out during the same period to jump start dead, starter batteries in those oh so faithful internal combustion engines?
  14. TheWalkman

Adapter for iPhone 14Pro to use with IEM?

Ken, As Amir has noted, the Apple Dongle (DAC) is a the product to beat. Here’s a review of the USB C version: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/review-apple-vs-google-usb-c-headphone-adapters.5541/ The Apple Dongle is an impressive product for $10. Yes, the wire...
  15. TheWalkman

Which TPA3255 amp do you recommend?

I’m rather amazed that this thread has been cruising along for four and a half years. Isn’t this question already answered? (I don’t have time to read 75 pages of comments.) Please indulge me to take a stab at answering the question. As the owner of a handful of TPA3255 amps, depending...
  16. TheWalkman

A Call For Humor!

You could say that‘s a sure fire way to get you thirteen year old to volunteer to clear your sidewalks of ice and snow.
  17. TheWalkman

Ken Fritz - Audiophile Documentary

I've been following the Ken Lantz story for several years, and as mentioned in another thread, was fortunate enough to visit the house when they held the auction. For an audio guy, seeing this system in person was like a visit to the Great Pyramid. I had a very nice conversation with his...
  18. TheWalkman

NAD PP 2e Phono Stage Review

It seems that every time I read a NAD review, the results are never flattering. When I was in my late teens and twenties, NAD had the reputation for being a premium manufacturer with state of the art products. Was I (we) snookered all along or have they completely lost their way?
  19. TheWalkman

I had forgotten about this article from 2021, written by Ken Fritz, himself, over at PS Audio, “5400 Hours of Fun.” Worth a read. https://www.psaudio.com/blogs/copper/5400-hours-of-fun/
  20. TheWalkman

Several years ago, I learned about Ken and his system on a local TV news cast. https://www.wtvr.com/i-have-a-story/worlds-greatest-stereo-system-virginia I then watched the youtube video and was simply awed. This man, who lived less than 10 miles from me, had built the audio version of the...
Top Bottom