Search results

1. bunkbail

7Hz x Crinacle Zero:2 IEM Review

I've been spending quite sometime playing around with these IEMs alongside FreeDSP cable and I think I've found the best sounding EQ for me. Target EQ is based on Harman 2019 IEM curve but adapted to FreeDSP cable since the PEQ adjustments of the cable is limited 1dB increments with max gain of...
  2. bunkbail

Need help replicating this XO in VituixCad

Yeah the JA stuff is beyond what I can afford right now. But to be honest although I can afford them, at its current price a pair of Solstice also stretches my budget quite a bit. Just realized that Erse is no longer stocked anywhere, US coils inductors looks to be similar enough though I'm not...
  3. bunkbail

The author made a few claims without much concrete evidence. The only reason I was intrigued by the speakers is that the author was the chief engineer of Joseph Audio and the engineer behind the infinite slope topology implemented in Joseph Audio speakers. He also claimed that his modified...
  4. bunkbail

Just seen the conversation. Thank you so much for chiming in and for the expertise @kimmosto and for your contribution as well @Rick Sykora
  5. bunkbail

Yeah I did mention that in the OP. But the close arrangement of the inductors means it is now a transformer and no such arrangements can be done in VituixCad, am I right? So the supposedly infinite-slope filter can't be simulated through the software...
  6. bunkbail

Just contemplating but heavily considering the prospect. Here's the pic of the new crossover assembled (taken from the article).
  7. bunkbail

It did. It refers to this patent where Modafferi implements an infinite-order band(?) pass filter using the transformer but the details are a bit over my head. The patent explains what the new suggested crossover does to the Solstice MLTL in detail.
  8. bunkbail

I'm getting confused as to where the ground is. Is it the middle line? And it seems like this XO is using a transformer (coupled iron core inductors) in the woofer circuit and it is not a thing in VituixCad? PS: The crossover was taken from the article on the Solstice MLTL "improved" crossover...
  9. bunkbail

JBL A180 Tower Speaker Review

I can't believe I missed the modded crossovers posted by @Dennis Murphy all these months. :mad: Thank you for the crossovers. This will be my first speakers modding project and will start ordering the parts.
  10. bunkbail

V-Moda M200 Headphone Review

One of the earlier sets of headphones I own before I got into the hobby, they are truly horrible to listen to nowadays (back then they sounded agreable to my ears). EQ'd ZX110s run around these cans any day of the week.
  11. bunkbail

TRUTHEAR x Crinacle Zero IEM Review

Pretty much anything rock or something that has loud woman vocals. If you need some examples, now I'm listening to Minami - Crying for Rain (woman vocal) and Steve Vai - For the Love of God (electric guitar solo). I've been listening to these 2 tracks a lot for the past few weeks, on my HD660S...
  12. bunkbail

It sounds good but as soon as there are vocals in the song, they'll start ear raping me. I can't listen to them more than a few mins before I start getting headaches. HD660S or EQ'd ZX110 (thewas' EQ), both of these two sound the most tonally correct (closest to real life) to my ears. My other...
  13. bunkbail

It kinda did, but details weren't as prominent as stock and if I try to attenuate the mids/highs any further, I just get less details with tinny sound. I played around with the EQ for hours but I was going nowhere since everything I did just won't make it sound good. Only if I use Comply tips...
  14. bunkbail

Echoed my thoughts to the dot. By the way, I've tried your EQ for a couple hours, I still get an ear rape and a half in most tracks where those tracks sounded blissfully wonderful on my HD660S. I just think IEMs are not for me.
  15. bunkbail

I only have issues with IEMs where they often get grating trable and shouty midrange. This IEM, Moondrop Chu, all 6 different KZs that I've bought (including the one with crinacle collab), Tin Audio T2 and T3 all have similar issues. I don't think its due to Harman target since my other...
  16. bunkbail

I've been using my Zero IEM (with Moondrop Spring eartips since stock ones don't stick long enough in my ears before falling out) for a week now via Apple dongle on my PC, it does sound good and goes very loud but it sounds tinny and unnatural in the midrange and vocals are very shouty (this one...
  17. bunkbail

GR Research X-LS Encore Kit Speaker Review

It's this one https://gr-research.com/product/m130-woofer/
  18. bunkbail

Another guy on Youtube going to visit Danny down in texas....

Why would that makes any difference? Cables don't matter and won't affect sound anyway.
  19. bunkbail

[GUIDE] How to use Equalizer APO (PEQ) presets in Linux

Yeah me neither. I just use the default IIR. I believe Bell has smooth peak/recess while Resonance is sharp. Bell should be the one you want to use. More info can be found from the LSP manual page itself. https://lsp-plug.in/?page=manuals&section=para_equalizer_x32_stereo
  20. bunkbail

Any feedback on the DA380 DAC from Aliexpress?

https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/review-and-measurements-of-weiliang-audio-2019-dc300-dac.10094/ These generic chinese DACs use the same boards and basically perform similarly to each other.
Top Bottom