Search results

1. EB1000

You're 12, never watched a single Star Wars movie/show - where do you start?

Hi I'm asking for my daughter who just turned 12 and never watched any star wars movie, nor a Disney+ star war show/flic. She was only made aware of some of the iconic characters from short clips on Tiktok. Do you start from the original 70's Lucas-Film movies? The 2000's Lucas-film...
  2. EB1000

Dirac's new feature is great!

Just updated to the latest ver. Now based on room measurements and analysis, you get a recommendation for optimal target curve... https://www.dirac.com/new-auto-target-curve/ Tried it on my crappy NAD C658 and it really improved sound quality, especially bass...
  3. EB1000

Big news coming from Sound United in 2023!

I've been told by an insider that Sound United are going to announce a collaboration with Dirac Live, which will be offered as an optional upgrade/replacement to Audyssey... The announcement is expected by end of this year. Dirac will be supported in 2023 models, including DBC in the higher...
  4. EB1000

RIP Onkyo..

Onkyo has announced it will cease operation and file for bankruptcy, following the failure of their new line of receivers (is it ASR's fault? :) ) So, no RX-70... I really hope Yamaha is next...
  5. EB1000

Shielded cables inside plastic case or plain wires inside a shielded case, or both?

Hi I always wondered if using shielded cables inside a shielded case has any added benefits to using wires as far as noise immunity goes. I hope someone tests this by taking measurements... Attached is a picture comparison for a simple RCA splitter. Which one is better? What about combining...
  6. EB1000

I found the problem with Hegel!

OK We all saw the terrible measurement results of the H95: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/hegel-h95-review-streaming-amplifier.28435/ I think I found out the problem that cause their amps to have very low SINAD. The problem goes by the name of Bent Holter: just...
  7. EB1000

Anyone here watching Dexter: New Blood reboot?

Beside Michael C Hall being a gifted musician, I really enjoyed the original Dexter series, especially up to season 4. While I didn't like the original ending, I was happy they left it open with room for more. But now, after watching 7 episodes of the new reboot, I have mixed feelings. It seems...
  8. EB1000

Headphones Amp + HD Audio DAC + DSP (PEQ), Amir approved, up to 300$, is there such thing?

Hi Is there a a solution that meets all of the above requirements (don't care about MQA). Must support at least 192kHz/24bit audio and have both optical and USB inputs (selectable). official Roon support would also be great (with the ability to apply PEQ using Roon). Thanks
  9. EB1000

Three missing audio features in all of Todays Immersive audio AV processors/receivers

Hi I was wondering how home none of the 3D audio processors and receivers don't offer these useful audio features, one would expect from an immersive sound compatible processor: 1. Native support for Dolby Atmos from music streaming services like Tidal, Amazon HD, and Apple music. You do get...
  10. EB1000

Are there any recent Android smartphones that were tested for audio performance by Amir?

Hi I'm looking for a new smartphone to replace my Xiaomi note 7 pro. I was wondering if are there any phones with decent audio, that does not need an external dongle DAC? I only use wired analog in-ear headphones, so I must have an analogue phones output. Thanks
  11. EB1000

Could we all be wrong about SINAD?

Hi I’ve noticed that my NAD C658, which measure like cr@p, sounded much better than the Denon X4700H, which I’ve recently auditioned at my home, before and after running Audyssey. Another example is the PS Audio Directstream DAC, which also scored terribly on ASR, and yet, most audiophiles...
  12. EB1000

Exciting news from Onkyo and Pioneer: TX-RZ70/ VSX-LX705, TX-RZ9/VSX-LX905 = Auro 3D + DLBC!

Just got exciting news from an Onkyo corp insider, which got me canceling my Yamaha RX-A6A preorder. Two AVR models with Dirac Live Bass Control (available separately as an optional software upgrade) and Auro 3D will be available early 2022. The TX-RZ70/ VSX-LX705 (11.2 channels) and...
  13. EB1000

NAD C658 replacement project (HiFi + HT) - Help needed

Hi I currently own the NAD C658, which is packed with features and easily integrates into my current HT setup (Yamaha RX-A2070). I have two Hypex NC400 monoblocks with XLR inputs, and Focal Aria 936 speakers + two SVM SB2000 Pro subs. Two months ago I've pre ordered the Yamaha RX-A6A AVR...
  14. EB1000

Chromecast with Google TV - Dolby Atmos only works on 50% of Atmos titles

Hi I'm very happy with my Apple TV 4k, but decided to give Chromecast with Google TV a try. It has the latest FW. Audio settings are set to auto (tried also manual), and Atmos is working great with some titles, but it plays as DD+ on other. For example, the new series Hit&Run. It says Atmos...
  15. EB1000

Good to be back

Hi First, let me apologies for previously not being able to resist posting a somewhat politically themed post, which got me joining the banded wagon. I thank ASR and @AgamG247 for giving me a second chance. Cheers
  16. EB1000

Atmos encoded FLAC files?

Hi As you know, Tidal offers Dolby Atmos music. The latest version of Tidal-Media-Downloader now supports downloading of Dolby Atmos encoded music as lossless FLAC files. I gave it a try and the downloaded FLAC was indeed bigger in size, 24bit/48kHz with larger bitrate than the average CD...
  17. EB1000

Is there an AV receiver/processor that supports Tidal's Dolby Atmos content?

Hi Just wondering, are there any other ways to listen to Dolby Atmos music on Tidal besides Apple TV 4k, which outputs very low level signal (-12dB lower than non Atmos content). I was certain that the NAD T778 AVR is cut for the job, but it turned out that its Music streaming capabilities...
  18. EB1000

Floating backpack - could such technology be adopted for speakers/subwoofers?

I wonder if such idea could be beneficial for woofer design? What if you make down firing woofer suspended in air and have the cabinet/housing vibrate instead? https://www.dropbox.com/s/sq132je3zzrnt1o/floatingback.mp4?dl=0
  19. EB1000

My NAD C658 RCA preout jack has snapped on first use!

Hi Today I decided to try and use the SE main preouts to connect the MiniDSP 2X4HD instead of the dedicated subwoofer preouts. I used a standard Amazon basics RCA cable, and when inserted the the right channel it went in smoothly, but when I inserted the left jack I felt some resistance, which...
Top Bottom