Search results

1. GD Fan

Zydeco

Any fans of zydeco music here? I'm a casual fan, but today I've been on a big Zachary Richard revival (which isn't probably strictly classified as zydeco). Steve Riley is also a favorite. And of course there's the great Stanley / Buckwheat Zydeco. Then you've got Sunpie, Rockin Dopsie...
  2. GD Fan

Concert photos

Concerts aren't ideal for (amateur) photography from the audience. But it never stops me from trying. Here are a few less bad examples I've caught. If this thread grows legs maybe I'll dredge up some others. Metallica 8.6.23. Jack O'Neill 9.30.23 And an all time favorite, Jimmy...
  3. GD Fan

Show us your guitars!

We have numerous threads dedicated to cars, bikes, knifes, food, drinks, you name it. So let's see what kind of guitars ASR has to show off. My guess is there's some good stuff out there. I've been trying to get back into playing after a lengthy hiatus. So any inspiration is welcome. My...
  4. GD Fan

Jimmy Buffett

This was a tough one. We knew he'd been sick but he also seemed like a guy who would live forever. He was so full of life. I was fortunate enough to see 22 concerts. Now that doesn't seem like enough. Probably because we'd been waiting for the perennial schedule to be rolled out and make some...
  5. GD Fan

Hipgnosis documentary

Just saw the film Squaring the Circle this afternoon. On the whole it is quite good. Included is commentary / interview footage with Page, Plant, McCarthy, Waters, Gilmour, Gabriel, and many others. Not a bad crew to have speaking on your behalf! My favorite quote was from Jimmy Page who...
  6. GD Fan

David Crosby

Oh man does this ever suck. https://ultimateclassicrock.com/david-crosby-rip/
  7. GD Fan

NHL digital board ads

Is anyone else as annoyed by this as they were by that absurd blue blob (I used to call it something far worse) that Fox tried, with great failure, to display over the puck back in the '90s? At first I thought it was early-season unfamiliarity or something benign but this is clearly a problem...
  8. GD Fan

Price reduced again FS: Arcam CDS50 SACD player with wifi / streaming - price cut

Excellent condition with no visible marks or scratches lightly used in an environment with no smoking, pets, or kids. Will ship in original branded cardboard with original remote, power cord, and manual. Asking $875 $800... now $750. Buyer pays fees, shipping and insurance. I think the box...
  9. GD Fan

Weird problem with Oppo 203 - power cycles at random

Last night while listening to a CD my Oppo 203 suddenly and without prompting ceased playback and powered itself off. Pressing the power button (once) resulted in a full on/off power cycle. Another press of the power button cycled the unit on, whereupon it agreed to resume playing the CD...
  10. GD Fan

Charlie Watts

Last time I saw them - 7.11.15. in Buffalo.
  11. GD Fan

Songs that expose the "presence dip"

Does anyone have a short list of songs that do a great job of exposing a BBC / presence dip quite clearly? The sort of tracks that would easily demonstrate the difference between say a Revel and a B&W. Thanks in advance.
  12. GD Fan

Yamaha AVR - Tidal compatibility problem

For the past couple of weeks my Yamaha A1080 will not stream my Tidal account. Yamaha claims that the Musiccast app is now required to do that, for some reason. However, having no Musiccast devises on hand that app refuses to cooperate, leaving me without a streaming option on the AVR. Have...
  13. GD Fan

Band biographies worth a read

Ever since the first one in sixth grade band biographies have always been enjoyable reading for me. In fact, as I've sought lighter reading during the covid shut-in I'm in the middle of a second one in a row. At the moment I'm enjoying "Justice for All - The Truth About Metallica," by Joel...
  14. GD Fan

Genelec 8320 REW measurements with and without GLM

This post is a big step for me, involving two things I was completely unfamiliar with prior to finding this outstanding website: REW measurements and room correction. Having overhauled my main system only mere months before stumbling upon the enlightenment of ASR (the system sounds great but...
  15. GD Fan

Wine thread - what are you enjoying?

We have similar threads for suggestions of beer and spirits but none strictly dedicated to wine. I'll start with tonight's selections to get it going. Here's where we started before dinner, with apologies for the damaged label. I'd like to blame the merchant for that, but it may simply have...
Top Bottom