Search results

1. GD Fan

Finally experienced the Burmester car sound system

My Porsche came with the Bose system and oh man was it terrible right out of the box. Took a while to get it right because the default settings made the bass so absurdly exaggerated.
  2. GD Fan

Break from Tekton Thread

The west side of the reservoir has finally bloomed.
  3. GD Fan

Break from Tekton Thread

This is a great distraction from the new 24 Nights box set, not released on the original. Yeah, maybe you need to ignore the fashions of the era and the cheesy stage production, but man EC is wailing on that Strat (are those active pickups?) and the band just seems to love playing it.
  4. GD Fan

What interesting and tasty cheese are you enjoying today? This is like the spirits thread but for cheese.

Quebec, 'nuf said. Hopefully you aren't too far from the border!
  5. GD Fan

Break from Tekton Thread

Sadly the light wasn't quite right to capture the white blooming cherry blossom on the right of this photo today.
  6. GD Fan

What interesting and tasty cheese are you enjoying today? This is like the spirits thread but for cheese.

@Doodski I'm surprised Canada doesn't have a thriving cheese industry. My guess was the dairy industry up there was pretty significant?
  7. GD Fan

My New Album Released this Week

Looks like it appeared on Tidal today. Will give it a listen!
  8. GD Fan

My New Album Released this Week

FYI it doesn't appear to be on Tidal.
  9. GD Fan

Are you satisfied with your home Audio System?

Yes, but I'd like to try speakers that measure without the BBC dip in my main system. Desktop system is an unqualified yes. Meanwhile my upgrade urges have moved from the stereo to the guitars. However, I'm much better at listening to music than playing it.
  10. GD Fan

Beer thread, what you drinkin..

Oh nice. I've had some of the Parish stuff when I've been in New Orleans. Will look for that when I'm at jazz fest in a few weeks. Separately, Ghost in the Machine has always sounded like two albums to me. The first three songs and then the next eight. Probably a function of the radio play...
  11. GD Fan

Beer thread, what you drinkin..

Love that glass - it looks like an Iron Maiden t-shirt I used to have. Does the beer lack effervescence or is it an illusion of the photo?
  12. GD Fan

What does remastering do?

I remember the first CD release of Led Zeppelin I had half of the first note of every song missing. Each track was effectively joined in process. The remaster corrected that.
  13. GD Fan

Legal fund for Reviewers/Erin?

Having donated to a similar such fund in the past I know that, depending on the structure, it can actually be a pain in the arse. Tax and legal issues can arise and if the need for the fund goes away it isn't necessarily straightforward to liquidate or return capital. @amirm any view on the...
  14. GD Fan

Legal fund for Reviewers/Erin?

The competent litigators I've worked with crank out threatening sounding letters like Skittles. It doesn't take them long and, believe me, a letter like that on a law firm's letterhead really gets attention. Someone bitching about an objective review their product earned seems worthy of...
  15. GD Fan

Need Help in building 2.1 system

For all the crap that AVRs get they really do a lot of things for the money. Maybe upgrade the AVR to get the functionality you need and then think about upgrading the speakers next time the upgrade urge & budget converge?
  16. GD Fan

Pads to reduce vibration

Somewhere here a member posted the formula for calculating the size / thickness / durometer you'll need based on the weight of the speakers. Hopefully the search function is up to the task.
  17. GD Fan

Cheddar gets a little too greasy on a burger. Gotta go with American or pepperjack. Oh, and a burger without cheese should not be allowed!
  18. GD Fan

Midnight Moon is a personal favorite. https://www.cypressgrovecheese.com/cheese/aged-cheeses/midnight-moon/ Everything is better with cheese.
  19. GD Fan

Always something on hand here. Tonight's selection:
  20. GD Fan

Big Backyard Speaker Placement... and Line Array?

Is the outer perimeter / border simply a property line or is there some sort of fence there? If a fence, what type? I.e. An American wooden "privacy fence" is effectively a wall and would therefore factor into the decision.
Top Bottom