Search results

1. williamwally

Unusual Speaker Designs

Guess they're going for that mind-bending look (and sound?).
  2. williamwally

Upcoming Tom Danley Hifi speakers

It's the shootout I can't afford, but it's the shootout I need.
  3. williamwally

Amir's 2023 Pacific Audio Fest Report Day 2

They actually just came out with a new album titled "Memento Mori". The title being appropriately sad since Andy Fletcher died just weeks before recording the album. They're touring the album this fall.
  4. williamwally

Tom Danley’s new ‘Hyperion’

Thanks for the update. The one between the hyperion and what I think is the studio 1 looks interesting!
  5. williamwally

Unusual Speaker Designs

I'd love to see those on the Klippel!
  6. williamwally

JBL CBT 70J-1 Review (Constant Beam Transducer)

Those cbt's really seem to perform in room. However there's definitely not enough subs in that room.
  7. williamwally

They've been making the rounds as part of a wider line demonstration 'road show'. The latest is in Denver...
  8. williamwally

I guess Tom and crew aren't messing around either (not that they ever were)!
  9. williamwally

Ikea SYMFONISK Picture Frame Speaker Review

I would assume theoretically spdif out from tv to the setup you described could work as an LCR system?
  10. williamwally

Unusual Speaker Designs

What, why? It's not like it looks like a giant turd that fell through a toilet bowl shaped hole in the ceiling... ...oh
  11. williamwally

Neumann KH420 Review (Studio Monitor)

Amazing! It is nice to see speakers like this that do so many things well, and be worth their high cost. I would assume the very narrow vertical dispersion dip would be inaudible in the midfield they're designed for. I wonder how the DSL Studio 2's would compare?
  12. williamwally

They can/do/will have nicer finishes. Here's another user's SM60's:
  13. williamwally

Help with my room and ringing (is this ringing????)

Seems like you're doing a great job, and showing the actual room with measurements helps those here who are good at analyzing measurements (not me) immensely. A couple quick questions : -How much have you moved the speakers in off the back wall to see what changes that makes? -This may not be...
  14. williamwally

Elac Reference UCR52 Review (Center Speaker)

Someone recently made a thread asking why more speakers aren't coaxial. I feel like this speaker is a perfect example of why most aren't.
  15. williamwally

Ikea SYMFONISK Picture Frame Speaker Review

Now if IKEA would just get their act together and start incorporating subs into their couches we'd be in business!
  16. williamwally

JBL CBT 70J-1 Review (Constant Beam Transducer)

This is an interesting speaker! Now I'm also curious how cbt 1000 would measure on the klippel NFS. The horizontal beam pattern seems like a best of both worlds situation for long rooms: "Patent-pending Tapered Horizontal Waveguide provides a continuously varying horizontal dispersion (very...
  17. williamwally

Upcoming Tom Danley Hifi speakers

More info up: https://www.tomdanley.com/hyperion Speaker type | 4-Way Powered Tweeter | 1” Polyester / Neodymium / Kapton Midrange | 5” Treated Paper / Neodymium / Kapton Woofer | 2x 8” Treated Paper / Neodymium Subwoofer | 2x 15” Long Excursion Frequency Response | 14Hz-23.7KHz Crossover...
Top Bottom