Search results

1. S

Do high-efficiency speakers really have better 'dynamics'?

Higher sensitivity speakers sometimes have rolled off bass and elevated treble. If you applied this kind of EQ to a song, it would increase the DR score.
  2. S

Genelec 8331 vs 8341, looking for a comparison and buying advice

I wouldn’t spend so much. You said the room acoustics is crap. That means you will get crap sound.
  3. S

$30K Budget - On the quest for my "end game" speaker

Speakers don’t make much difference imo. Find the dispersion style and output capability you want, filter by speakers that measure decently, and pick the one that looks the best in your room.
  4. S

Neumann KH420 vs Revel PerformaBe F228be or F328be

Almost everything is better than black or brown F228Be with grills off.
  5. S

Revel F228BE for 10’x 14’x 8,66’ Room

Too much bass for a room is a myth. In practice, most problems are in 100-200hz region. Too big of a speaker is a thing though. Either wide driver spacing or tweeters that are too high. It can limit your placement options. The next steps are for you to take measurements with Room EQ Wizard.
  6. S

Which speakers gave you the *wow* factor?

I was blown away by Infinity P362. They were the first speakers I purchased. Past experience was just earbuds and economy car audio. I haven't been wow'd by any speaker since. It's only minor improvements. I've demoed the following: Kii Three Dutch 8C Revel F226Be Genelec 8351A Martin Logan...
  7. S

Audyssey's Next Generation of Room Correction (MultEQ-X)

The room is 21 x 13.5 x 10.5'. I moved the subwoofer so that the subwoofer driver was inches away from the speaker bass drivers. Bass response was nearly identical from 40-110hz. Comparing to the mid and high frequency response of the speaker, I see that < 40hz looks fine and 40-100hz is...
  8. S

How do I interpret these subwoofer measurements? Am I losing bass below 40hz or gaining bass above 40hz? First is subwoofer measured from listening position. Second is microphone placed a few inches away from the subwoofer driver.
  9. S

Is the license linked to my WIndows account? Or will I lose it when changing computers?
  10. S

Genelec 83x0 vs 83x1

The song that hit limit was from Jurassic Park soundtrack. Forgot which one.
  11. S

Help building a lasting ~$10k system with apartment limitations

If it were my money, I would consider LS50 Meta. No need to spend so much in a room that is far from ideal. Integrated amp with room mode correction and subwoofer management can help, but no guarantees with constraints on where things can be placed. Main weakness of LS50 is output capability...
  12. S

Help building a lasting ~$10k system with apartment limitations

What's your goal for this system? Gear collecting or sound quality?
  13. S

Suggestions for mixed use surround sound system?

Both subwoofers rattled. It was B-stock. Probably a customer return that they never tested.
  14. S

How to compensate for center speaker that isn’t ear level?

My understanding is that we mainly perceive change in height of a sound source as tonal shift. If a center speaker must be placed below ear level, is there any way to calculate a compensation EQ?
Top Bottom