Search results

1. T

New Shangling looks pretty bad ass!

It's all very high tech. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08BJ64D47/
  2. T

Shogun

I'm watching it on Hulu in the US. I'm only 1 episode in but it is fantastic so far. Roku built into a TLC and I haven't noticed these so far. I wonder if the specific (software) build would be different depending on the device used and if this is a hardware/software build specific bug...
  3. T

Newer Samsung TV UI/UX terrible?

Is it just me or is the UI terrible? My parents got a new (Samsung) TV so I was helping them finish setting it up. I feel like I have to dig through 3 layers to get to the real settings are and then there are 2 or 3 different places you can find different settings. Initially I found where to...
  4. T

Text to Image AI Generation

To be fair, there are probably exceedingly few humans that can do that.
  5. T

Looking to add Bluetooth to my setup but not lose the hardwired audio

Is this what you are looking for? https://www.amazon.com/MiiLink-Bluetooth-Transmitter-Receiver-Adapter/dp/B08G8Q7NXZ/ I've got that one for use on planes that have screens and only wired headphone output to transmit to my Bluetooth headphones. It works fine. My only complaint is that with no...
  6. T

Let's talk about food!

Japanese supper club at Veritas
  7. T

Scratched records fix?

I immediately imagined Kenny G is a musician golem made from wood glue.
  8. T

Semi classic 3-way with AMT (off-axis measurements included)

I'm a novice, so I'm curious about a few things. I'm trying to understand how the driver alignment affects the results. Is on axis in alignment with the tweeter? Why not align the tweeter and mid? <-Sorry, just saw the same question above. What positives and negatives do you see in offsetting...
  9. T

WiiM Amp discussion

If using the Amp in one zone, and Mini in another, how well does Wiim's sync would work across these zone? Or instead of the Mini if Chromecast with speaker grouping in the Pro is necessary? These zones are physically connected so 'real' sync is necessary. Some good auto sync or ability to...
  10. T

Making my system family friendly

Why is the HDMI switch even there? That part seems unnecessarily complicated. Just run all of the HDMI straight into the TV. The family can just use the TV speakers. Like someone else said, if TV speakers not aren't good enough, get a sound bar.
  11. T

Thorens TD 125 MKII Restoration

Spalted wood is so interesting and beautiful, I love it!
  12. T

Knives. Knifethread.

We made it back over, went down to Tsukiji on our last morning and picked this up!
  13. T

Lossless WIFI streaming maybe coming some to TWS

Funny, I was just thinking about this general concept. Last weekend I was working around the yard. If using something loud I usually just use some kind of hearing protection, but decided to listen to some music (Bose in ears). I was just leaving my phone on the porch. But every time I popped...
  14. T

Suggestions for a 10 year old child bedroom system

Some of these have 'mixers' on them, but I have no idea how flexible they are. A kid could find these form factory and lights fun/cool too. https://www.jbl.com/partybox-speakers/ I can imagine myself as a kid lugging around a small to mid size one of those, or one of these in their case to a...
  15. T

New Kii Seven

I had just about the same thought when I saw the price this morning. LS50W size but LS60 price (and similar performance?). It's almost eerie how similar in size the LS50W and the Kii Seven is. I currently have the LS50W and I see something like the LS60 or Kii Seven as a 'dream' step up...
  16. T

KEF LS60 Wireless Just Announced

Living in an old house with original single pane windows works wonders too.
  17. T

Parts for Salon 2s?

Why did you switch up to something newer? I'm wondering if, at a high level, you had similar concerns with it becoming an 'older' speaker.
  18. T

Let's talk about food!

We just got finished with a big trip to Japan. I was there for 3 weeks, 1.5 weeks working and 1.5 weeks of vacation. Being previously on assignment there we spent a ton of time traveling, but didn't spend any time very much west of Kyoto/Osaka (short trips to Kobe & Himeji) or North/East of...
  19. T

Parts for Salon 2s?

How cheap are used Salon 2's? Are they actually better or better for your situation in the Be226-328 range? I've read somewhere that Be328 was supposed to be the replacement in the lineup for the Salon 2, but that's just 4th hand anecdotal. I can't imagine the Be328 lags much if any behind...
Top Bottom