Search results

1. mkt

Genelec 8361A Review (Powered Monitor)

More off-topic, but delay looks separate from phase
  2. mkt

Multi-digital input -> 5.1 system digitally controlled?

That depends a lot on the source. Many (if not most) 5.1 sources don't need an AVR for decoding.
  3. mkt

Genelec Subs for 8340 and 8330 in Mch. Dual 7360 or single 7370

Correct. You set the speaker configuration of the device in Audio MIDI. Currently (depending on the number of channels in your device) the options are 5.1.2 and 7.1.4. 5.1.4 seems to have been an option at some point. I have not had success with getting Netflix in more than stereo on Mac in...
  4. mkt

Which speakers are the Classical Music Pros using?

Audite a small German label with a long history of 5.1 recording and now doing atmos. Not much about the speakers in the article. Neumann KH120 ceiling speakers are mentioned. And do the LRC look like Geithain...
  5. mkt

I have not found a player for Mac that plays atmos mkv. With VLC I get 5.1 or 7.1.
  6. mkt

Apple Music, Apple TV, and Safari (in theory, in practice only one site that I know of) support atmos. I don't know of a player for local files that does atmos (other than the Dolby Reference Player). So yeah I think that an AVR is a much more complete and straightforward solution for decoding...
  7. mkt

I have one 7630. If I had two I might think about splitting the bass managed channels between them. Maybe C to one and LFE to the other, and then splitting the remaining right and left channels. If you ever added a layer of heights, the additional inputs of two subwoofers would be nice to have...
  8. mkt

This seems to lean toward multiple subs as a way of improving in-room frequency response https://support.genelec.com/hc/en-us/articles/5783732198418-What-are-the-benefits-of-having-one-or-multiple-subwoofers Might be visually appealing too. Bass management for the surrounds seems sensible. EDIT...
  9. mkt

Multichannel DSP and DAC including Atmos

Roon limits your channel count to 8 (7.1 or 5.1.2). The path of least resistance for file-based multichannel audio/video with more channels than 5.1 seems to be a software player that sends bitstream to an AVR which does the decoding. All things multichannel here https://www.quadraphonicquad.com
  10. mkt

Nearfield setup for electronic music (Genelec 8331 + 7350)

In-room measurement (nearfield; smaller room than yours) with 8331 LRC + 7350 and a little downward slope from the GML sound character profile
  11. mkt

Genelec 8340 + 7350

In-room measurement of 8331s LRC, 8320 SR/SL and 7350 sub in a small (tiny) 5.1 setup. Seems fine unless you want more SPL
  12. mkt

Favourite Christmas Albums

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carla%27s_Christmas_Carols
  13. mkt

Your Desktop Audio Setup?

Pics or it didn't happen :)
  14. mkt

Your Desktop Audio Setup?

New category. Messiest desks. Pretty sure a fork + excessive number of tabs is an unbeatable combo
  15. mkt

Genelec S360 Review (Studio Monitor)

Seems like the ideal application and what they were designed for. https://www.genelec.com/en/-/reference/genelec-monitors-help-norwegian-post-production-house-meet-dolby-atmos-standards?utm_campaign=later-linkinbio-genelec_oy&utm_content=later-39837902&utm_medium=social&utm_source=linkin.bio
  16. mkt

Perhaps only of interest to me, I noticed that in a multichannel set up that the non-symmetric speakers (e.g., fronts vs. rears vs. heights) automatically go into different calibration groups of pairs which makes sense to me...
  17. mkt

YouTube cracks down on ad blockers

Why do you think they haven't?
  18. mkt

I had not realized that the Symmetric EQ option was not really symmetric. I will have to check what happens to the time of flight delays.
Top Bottom