Search results

1. Piotr

New Matrix Audio mini-i 4 and mini-i Pro 4 Streamers.

With eARC, you streamline control with just one remote—the TV. When you power on the TV, the receiver, DAC, and streamer automatically activate and synchronize. Adjusting the TV volume seamlessly affects all connected devices, ensuring everything stays in harmony. Presently dealing with a...
  2. Piotr

Sabaj A30a announced

Certainly, it's essentially akin to the Sabaj A30a device, albeit integrated with a streamer and HDMI input. Unfortunately, the casing's design falters in terms of heat management, leading to rapid temperature escalation. The Sabaj A30a is presently frequently available at discounted prices...
  3. Piotr

Sabaj A30a announced

While this device appears quite appealing, I'm somewhat uncertain about the absence of an HDMI eArc input. If it did include this feature, I would be inclined to make a swift purchase, as it would enable convenient control using my television remote. Interestingly, there is an alternative...
  4. Piotr

Topping A30Pro Review (Balanced Headphone Amp)

Any speculation about the pricing point for the (a30/d30)-pro combo? @amirm nice to see you on these videos; you seem to be a sensible guy and not paid much by those large Chinese conglomerates like I previously thought.
  5. Piotr

Sony WH-1000XM4 Review (noise cancelling headphone)

Absolutely @Timon VDB, couldn't agree more. These are not meant to be connected via cable. It's the last resort thing you do when your battery is discharged. 90% of headphones at my work are the Sony WH1000-XM3 or 4 + few Bose. All people use them cordless and it's super convenient. No stupid...
  6. Piotr

Sony WH-1000XM4 Review (noise cancelling headphone)

I don't think anyone buying these headphones intends to use them via cable. They are Bluetooth headphones and that's how 99% of people are using them. The convenience is tremendous and worth sacrificing a bit of quality (if it's only a bit). No DACs, no headamps, no cables, just Bluetooth, and...
  7. Piotr

$9 Headphone Review: Sony MDR-ZX110

lol it's getting funnier and funnier with this forum; I thought you guys are serious.... now it turns out you are SPONSOR serious. I believe the margin for this headphone is 5$. Imagine 20k people watching this forum and their colleagues now buy this (which is highly possible due to low price...
  8. Piotr

SMSL SP400 Review (headphone amp)

What about Gustard H16? Ticks all the boxes and feels more solid. Despite being cheaper.
  9. Piotr

SMSL SP400 Review (headphone amp)

It looks plastic and cheap. Also can't get this trend of adding a lcd display to a headamp. It just adds complexity and clutter. On a plus side is the included AC power supply, simple thing but many forgets of how inconvenient it is to have a heavy, external brick.
  10. Piotr

Philips Fidelio X2HR Review (headphone)

Sure, but well, the Guru has a different opinion. It's not fine and not recommended, although highly praised in other places. I am bit disappointed because I trust my senses to some degree. Sure they can go wrong, but if I see a "measured" temperature showing -3°Celsius and I see the rain...
  11. Piotr

Philips Fidelio X2HR Review (headphone)

I am a bit disappointed by this review because I own this headphone and I like it. I bought it on amazon for 69 EUR on Black Friday 2018. They are definitely better than my Shennheiser HD 485 in terms of overall comfort and sound. Now I'd probably go for Sennheiser HD 650, nevertheless I...
  12. Piotr

Gustard X16 Balanced MQA DAC Review

It's okay to have a delay. Annouce a new date and please stick to it. Otherwise following terms: "as soon as possible", "after New Year", "we hope it will be soon" just bring anxiety and discomfort to your future, potential customers. Will it be the 2nd of January or 15th of March, nobody really...
  13. Piotr

This is the reply I've received directly from Tidal: I bet there is little or no chance Chromecast Audio will be ever supporting MQA, even though Tidal answer is a bit, yeah, not very technical. Is there any Chromecast Audio alternative that can just pass through the signal optically? I think...
  14. Piotr

Because your DAC cannot render MQA from Toslink. Only GUSTARD X16 afaik is capable to do so.
  15. Piotr

I have a low-end DAC built-in into my Marantz mcr603. If I buy Gustard I would gain much higher SINAD + the MQA (if this works) which overall should be audible, I hope. If not, the plan is to use the Gustard as a desktop DAC with my headphones. We'll see. If I have the unit I'd definitely share...
  16. Piotr

I assume the first unfolding happens on Tidal, from where it goes unfolded to ChromcastA, then to Gustard X16 which renders it. Of course, there are two questions: 1) What does the ChromcastAudio do with the data stream. I hope the MQA header remains but since there is a built-in EQ, things may...
  17. Piotr

I definitely check but if it doesn't work there is no reason for me to buy it. I would simply go with sh-8 / m200.
  18. Piotr

I am referring to ChromecastAudio and Toslink output. Not sure how to check if the file is being re-encoded. I think it is, and my reasoning for this hypothesis is the fact ChromcastAudio has some trivial EQ built-in where you can adjust the bass & treble. EQ settings are applied on the fly and...
  19. Piotr

Still not clear to me if the Tidal MQA -> Chromecast -> Gustard X16 would work and render MQA properly. Pardon my English.
  20. Piotr

The core decoder can also be software-based afaik. I mean streaming apps such as TIDAL and Xiami Music. Media players like Audirvana and Roon have also implemented the core decoder so the XU216 unfolding can be probably skipped. The renders are crucial IMO but the...
Top Bottom