Search results

1. maltux

GR Research X-LS Encore Kit Speaker Review

I built the XLS maybe 15 years ago and paid maybe $125. I was never very happy with them even prefering the Overnight Sensations. The Swan-Hivi 2 way kits (Amazon) for @$239 including flatpaks are a much better speaker. I have since built two more Swan-Hiv kits really enjoying the results...
  2. maltux

Do Audio Speakers Break-in?

Why would an engineer design a driver to certain specifications if its characteristics were to change over time? I don't understand the way some people think. :facepalm:
  3. maltux

A Raspberry Pi as a music server

The argon case allows you to connect a SATA SSD and it runs seamless. No problems booting from the SSD. I use one to control my JMRI Model Railway. argon 4 case
  4. maltux

I had an old raspberry pi 2 fail. It was working 24/7 for 5 years as a firewall (pi-hole). First the video cut out but was still useable for my purposes. I replaced it with an unused raspberry pi 4 I already had.
  5. maltux

If you are in North America I might wait till middle - end of this year when Raspberry Pi's are available at MSRP. Currently the price is not even reasonable. Raspberry Pi production news.
  6. maltux

GR Research X-LS Encore Kit Speaker Review

My time machine has not been working either.:confused:
  7. maltux

Very Nice Cheap Kit Speakers: HiVi/Swans DIY 2.2A & 3.1

I call my second pair Cherry bombs. I have them in the basement powerred by a Topping PA3s amplifier with my computers (Mac and Windows/Linux machines) as an input signal. My prevouse pair I veneered. Could not be happier with them.
  8. maltux

Hivi 3.1A DIY Speaker With Sehlin Mod Review

My second pair...... I call them my cherry bombs! I am over the moon with their sound. Oh, no tube connectors :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:
  9. maltux

Did you ever correct the problem? Curious minds want to know.
  10. maltux

Thanks. Great deal. Purchased another pair. These are great kits.
  11. maltux

I have included the link for the replacement woofer from Parts Express. https://www.parts-express.com/HiVi-D6.8B-6-Poly-Bass-Midrange-Shielded-297-444
  12. maltux

Just built mine and am happy wuth the sound produced.
  13. maltux

I just finished mine. Here are a few screen shots. I did modification 4 using the provided circuit board.
  14. maltux

Wish I would have seen this link yesterday when I bought the kit for my wife to give me on my birthday. I bought the upgrade (mod 4) crossover parts from parts express as well. I built the 2.1 Hiv DIY two years ago and am very fond of them; currently my primary music system speaker. I used...
  15. maltux

Pass ACA Class A Power Amplifier Review

Has anyone here seen this review? Nelson Amp Camp Amp build and review I have read all 50 pages and have decided to put in my email address so as to be notified when I can buy this kit. 25 pages earlier I decided not to build this. My brother-in-law keeps asking me if I build this kit and he...
  16. maltux

Stereophile and Absolute Sound Editorials

As I told my wife I buy it on occasion for the pictures not the articles. :rolleyes:
  17. maltux

WOW - no wonder I stay off these boards => great reminder to unsubscribe.thanks!
  18. maltux

The raspberry pi3 will offer better results. The rpi 4 generates a lot more heat (and noise) as it has a much more powerful processor. Reading articles on rpi music players people generally suggest the rpi3. Sorry I do not have the articles at my ready but I'm sure a google search will...
  19. maltux

ICEpower 200AC & 200ASC Review (Class D Amp)

Can't believe I just noticed this review now. I usually check everyday. I built this amplifier in 2020 and the results displayed here make me kind of sad. I really do not notice any bad harmonics whilst listening to it but still now I know and my ears will believe they hear a difference...
  20. maltux

Do Audio Speakers Break-in?

A true legend - The designer of Harbeth Speakers; Alan Shaw - say they do not! Your ears do!!!! :facepalm:
Top Bottom