Search results

1. A

$500 amplifiers to test and review?

I had been using the MiniDSP 4x10HD for DSP and crossover, using its mediocre MC DAC's but this year I switched to this all analog crossover: SublimeAcoustic K231 3 way active crossover and a Modi 3 upstream of it. I still keep the 4X10HD in there but just for its PEQ ability, with digital...
  2. A

Here is the actual test, ran by an independent lab (from the magazine)
  3. A

I have been running 3 of the Yamaha AS-x01's in my triamped system. I have a AS-301 on each of the MF and HF drivers and a 701 on the LF. They really work nice in this arrangement as since I am using a DSP, I can bypass all tone controls. Here is a test performed years ago on a AS-500 which is...
  4. A

dbx DriveRack VENU360 Review (audio processor)

Glad there is a soldering iron fix for the Venu, as it really is a feature rich piece if kit.. However, that sort of thing is way above what I would want to be doing myself.. Slightly odd that those caps had no other real function other than to degrade the signal. but if it works, without a...
  5. A

Or, there are any number of things that could be one off issues. Improper setup? I tend to trust Amir to know how to test a DAC at this point. What are some of the other excuses heard in the subsequent posts? The owner fiddled with the configurations and then sent it off to be tested. The unit...
  6. A

For some reason I can't quite remember I had trouble using REW and JRiver for room eq with the frequency sweeps generated in REW and outputing through JR. Something about a "virtual cable" software that I never got working. Then the MiniDSP came along and I hung it up trying to get JR DSP to...
  7. A

Well it's a little like testing a new car. If it's only hitting on 5 cylinders, it's kind of a moot point about the navigation system.
  8. A

Totally agree. All 3 of my amps already have level controls and they are also vulnerable to getting bumped. I'm sort of designing in my head a 4 knob locking mechanism with set screws for the crossover knobs to lock it all down, but it would have been a nice touch to already have that ability.. .
  9. A

Very interesting and anticipated review. This is where ASR really shines, as we don't have the ability to test this stuff ourselves in many cases. I have a triamped system with JBL 3 way L200's with 2216Nd1 woofers and 077 tweeters. I have been running the MiniDSP 4x10HD for a few years now...
  10. A

Kenny Rogers The Photographer

Thanks, I thoroughly enjoyed that.
  11. A

Jumped on the "snakeoil" train in a different way ...

This was the country that just 80 years ago considered their leader a God. Maybe there's a connection there?
  12. A

What items have you purchased as a result of ASR?

DAC: Schiit Modi 3, HP amp: Schiit Magni Hersey
  13. A

Yamaha as-301 or 501. I've got two of the 301's in my triamped system and would love to read a test confirmation of what I'm hearing!
  14. A

Is Roon player getting too bloated and buggy too???

I have heard good things about MB. If I were just now looking for a media player I might have chosen that. But I have been running JRIVER for going on 6 years now and I have never regretted it or wished to go with a different player, with one caveat. It doesn't stream qobuz/Tidal like Roon (or...
  15. A

JRiver has independent dsp implementation including crossovers and peq's for endpoints,. Also dynamic "smartlists" too that are very intelligently laid out and quite easy to use, but sadly doesn't stream.
  16. A

I have had the idea that Roon was going to be this amazing media player that would be the end all, that it would replace JRiver as my source. My first trial over a year ago didn't go well because most of my music on my Nas drive was in ape format and Roon didn't see recognize them. 2 weeks went...
  17. A

I have not tried that yet. Glad to hear it works for you.. I wonder if Roon will do this? My guess is that I does (or should), but again how much aggravation is required to make it happen? If I can't get it to play to my phone from across the house I don't know about town or across the country!
  18. A

For me, when it comes to listening to music, it's either at the end of the day or if I am working on a project, I sometimes like a little background. In either case, I just want to switch it on and have it PLAY! I do not wish to have to troubleshoot drivers, reboot pc's, routers etc. I don't...
  19. A

Roon runs like the flu on my setup, and plan to be giving it the axe after my year is up. Granted my system is not as optimized as Roon wants, but I never have anything nearly as glitchy with any of my other windows software, and that includes Qobuz app which I use for streaming these days...
  20. A

Science: Are You Consistant in Your Views?

. Interesting, 99%.. Got any references to back up your claim? :p
Top Bottom