Search results

1. C

Help upgrading audio in a Sprinter

@Jdunk54nl (or anyone) any advice on component speakers ? I've seen what look like good deals on Hertz MPK 165.p3 and MPK1650.3 ($350/450) on eBay shipped from Italy/Austria. The local audio shop I'll use to insteall but which will install my speakers and has spotty inventory anyway) favors just...
  2. C

You're in for a treat disconnecting the center. I'll defer to youtube but the grill pries off easily. No tools to lift the speaker (although I did not manage to successfully unplug the connector before the wired yanked free). Sound went from ear splitting to tolerable. The videos to mount the...
  3. C

The passenger sprinter has 3 speaker pairs (a pair each for the first 3 rows) but the kids are all plugged into their phones in back so care about the front row only. I've disconnected the stock center speaker which was truly ear splitting. I want the cheapest good system recommendation...
  4. C

Car Audio Subforum?

Would vote for an auto section too. I've found only the lowest quality (existing amp reviews here notwithstanding) "influencer" reviews for car speakers and amps. Clicking through the author and you find their skills are in driving up "likes" and site visibility. Audio not so much. Save for the...
  5. C

Dual DA10004D Review (Car Amplifier)

@amirm saw your post earlier on your Sprinter. We just got ours (passenger van) and the sound was so bad I started looking for upgrades and I'm not normally picky about my car audio. I did remove the center speaker. What did you do/would you recommend to do to ours ? This stuff is a slippery...
  6. C

How good are the monitor options with USB Inputs (Airpulse A100, Vanatoo Transparent One, Audioengine)

Just saw the Eve Audio SC203 are among the usb-in options. $500 a pair. Makes me wonder why Eve doesn't have digital in on all their other SC2xx series monitors. They all say they have digital internals.
  7. C

USB to AES/EBU: the solution?

How about Signstek USB to Coaxial S/PDIF Converter (was covered in a cheap dac's thread) but has optical out so no need for the dac part. Perhaps there's something similar w/o any dac. Or SMAKN Hi-Fi XMOS U208 USB to Coaxial / Optical SPDIF Convertor Then Hosa Optical to AES Not sure what...
  8. C

Which USB/DAC with AES output for active loudspeakers?

@zym1010 I'm looking at 8330A's for nearfield. The extra cost over the 8030's (or just something cheap with a usb input like the Vanatoo One's) is making me wince (8330A +400, Sam Module $300, USB converters) but the Hosa unit looks reasonable. Thanks for posting.
  9. C

Under $200 DAC recommendations?

The SMSL M200 has a volume knob and balanced out for a hair under $300. Worth a mention. I'm considering one. I have the SU-8. It seems a bit insubstantial but so far so good. I do wish it had a volume knob.
  10. C

How good are the monitor options with USB Inputs (Airpulse A100, Vanatoo Transparent One, Audioengine)

@Katji good to know. I'm about 1m away. They checked all the other boxes other than perhaps the easy wall mount part but if they're far field, no sense in sweating the mount. Curious why no way on the AudioEngine
  11. C

Any high marks for the monitor options with USB Inputs (or any other digital input) ? For nearfield listening driven by an iMac, the simplicity has some appeal. I'm going back and forth for my desktop setup but the idea of having a good enough dac built into the speaker would simplify my setup...
  12. C

Genelec 8330A vs 8030C

@syzygetic thanks. I'd also overlooked the extra $360 for the GLM. The pure digital path up to the drivers appeals to me, whether or not I can hear it for the extra $700 is another matter.
  13. C

Genelec 8330A vs 8030C

@Sancus thanks. Good to know. That one's definitely out of the budget.
  14. C

Genelec 8330A vs 8030C

Just found out I had a previously unknown credit at Musicians Friend (expiring way too quickly). I've been fussing over a monitor decision on another thread but the Genelec mounting options and size make them attractive and the credit makes the price more so. I steered toward the 8330A to have...
  15. C

Help me find near field wall mount powered monitors - mid price, <10" deep

Shame on the Hedd's and Eve measurements. Thanks though. Good to know.
  16. C

Thomann does sell HEDD 05's or Eve SC205's to the US. The Hedd's are pricey but less so overseas. Both have good mounting options. I'll check KH 80's too. I saw a few comments questioning the SC205's reliability. Would suck to have to send them to Germany for service.
  17. C

I'd read in the past that the 8030 was a sweet spot model. I love the Genelec for it's mounting options. I saw the A5X also has mounting threads. I was trying to imagine a side clamp wall mount holding 305P's or something of similar size. The aesthetics of chunky wall-mounted boxes outweigh...
  18. C

@AurekV I see a message on their site saying Thomann won't ship Genelec to the US. Is there an alternate way to get them ? You're right they have far better pricing.
  19. C

There's about 10" behind the monitors to the wall. Blue tape is the studs. Moderate to low SPL would be fine. Any best small Genelec ? For low SPL, do I lose much going down in size ?
Top Bottom