Search results

1. D

testing a concept

updated 3
  2. D

A speaker manufacturing video

I came across this the other day. I don't have any idea if they are good or not, but it was interesting to watch.
  3. D

What features and specs do you want in a DAC?

A lot of the higher end DAC reviews have been contentious of late, so I thought it might be a good idea to to start a thread about what people actually want out of a DAC. For me it looks something like this. Inputs USB - input form my pc (more than one would be nice) Optical - input from the...
  4. D

is there a tolerance for being on axis?

I'm designing my new office in cad for near-field listening, an that got me thinking. In a perfect world the speakers would be set up in an equilateral triangle, and the user would be prefectly on axis at all times. In the real world people move around, turn their heads, slouch, etc, so it's...
  5. D

Can small Genelec speakers be used horizontally?

I'm planning out an upgrade for my home desk/office space. As I work through the process one thing has become abundantly clear, finding the space to set everything up ergonomically is going to be a problem. With that being said I've been trying to pick out the best reference monitors for the...
  6. D

Need some help with making a custom 1/8" TRS to XLR cable

I have A higher end camera top shotgun microphone that uses a 1/8" TRS Male connector for output. I've been using a 1/8" extension cable and a Rode VXLR adapter to connect it to my audio recorder. However, I'm not happy with this setup. I've tried several combinations of cables and Rode...
  7. D

Sonarworks worth it for headphones?

To be clear I'm not talking about for audiophile usage, but for critical listening/mixing/mastering. I know there are a lot of potential issues when it comes to measuring headphones, and unit to unit variances etc, but setting that aside for a moment, do you think Sonarworks is worth it at a...
  8. D

AKG replacement cable recommendations please

I recently picked up a pair of AKG k702s for mixing, and a pair of K553 mkiis for casual use. After using them for a while, I have to say I'm not in love with the stock cables on either of them. The 702's 10ft cable in unwieldy but otherwise perfect fine. The 553's cable on the other hand, is...
Top Bottom