Search results

1. Y

Dyson headphone

Anyone interested to see how it measures? it looks really crazy and St__id... but really interested to see how it's sonic, does it sound like a vaccum cleaner
  2. Y

Kali IN-5 vs KRK RP5 G4 as TV speaker

Hi there, both seems measuring quite well, I am planning to use either one as a new TV speaker using 3.5mm ->XLR cables, any thought for these? currently I am more leaning to the Kali as the coaxial seems a better deal for TV
  3. Y

speaker seal compromised sound

just wonders what would a leaking speaker sound like, would it be really obvious?
  4. Y

distortion in bass question

Hi all, I know EQ should try not to do any substantial bosst in nulls, but I recently tried to bost and flatten out my in room bass with distortion measured below (Using REW and UMIK1) I've done a ~6db boost at 50hz to make the FR this flat and it sounded quite nice to my ears (the level is...
  5. Y

Equalizer APO, REW and Tidal problem

Hi all, recently used REW and equalizer APO to achieve this L+R with harman target curve individual channel overlay FR with phase it sounded really nice to my ears, but a few questions to ask: 1) shall I try to EQ the phase in this situation? I have no idea how to do it, so if it's...
  6. Y

Equalization APO question

stupid question, I used REW to generate a curve and load into Equalizer APO, during installation I selected my dac as the installation. which I opened the configuration editor and see a set of filters effective. but do I need to somehow save it or activate it to be always on and having PEQ on...
  7. Y

8030Cisopod cracks after 1 year

As topic said I just discovered my 8030C pair have both isopods having hairline cracks forming as shown in picture, just wonders if this is common case for hot humid climate in HK. Sent support request to genelec and awaiting their opinion. What I wonders is that when the unmoved isopod can...
  8. Y

In-ear measurements?

I am wondering if any possibility to measure some great in ears, even CIEM in their universal demo version. I start wondering this since I owned the UERR for almost 5 years now, and since I have been using the genelec system for the past year, I am actually amazed by how close these two sounds...
  9. Y

Measurement of always on discrete R2R dac after some use time

Just wonders, are there any such measurement of those discrete R2R dacs which need constant on to look for any significant difference/ drifting happened? I know some like the holo audios measured great with their offerings but just wonders at technical point of view, say after a year or so how...
  10. Y

Why isn't Topping offering some DAP products?

@JohnYang1997 This question just come to my mind randomly as I am listening to my Sony ZX300 DAP which don't measure great and enjoys quite a bit at office. I am thinking when topping is able to roll out some many great desktop dac amp in the budget category with so good performance it...
  11. Y

Slim Subwoofer recommendation

Hi all, I am in search of a slim subwoofer to put under my desk (really tight room, only ~50cm leg room currently), so I am looking for some options on potential subs, my current in room measurement have only one major dip problem at ~-15db at 90hz, right now it seems the genelec 7040 with...
  12. Y

REW questions

Hi all I just managed a permission to order UMIK 1 for using REW and try flicker around with my 8030C in room. I am thinking if the REW cal sw have incorporated a built in PEQ or something similar? or if I really want to do the optimization beside the dip switches in the 8030Cs I would need to...
  13. Y

Passive Preamp

Just got my passive preamp from Khozmo, I have to say the preliminary experience can only be said to be fantastic, build quality wise very good, and main thing is for a pure preamp it seems very good to be literally a wire with a knob, considering the modern speaker efficiency and the great...
  14. Y

Any plan for Devialet Phantom measurement?

those bass sounded really nice, and the 2.0 wireless system is really kind of fancy, it's way overpriced for me personally but it's interested to see how well (or not) engineered it is?
  15. Y

Estimated in room response

Just being curious about what distance the wall reflections for the Klippel system assumes for the reflections? I am wondering as I recently did some SPL measurements with sweep tones and my iphone to rough check my 8030C in my room, with 5cm rear space and front cupboard "wall" ~1m in front...
  16. Y

Passive Preamp output impedance calculation

Hi all, I am puzzled about the output impedance calculation for passive preamp such as the Khozmo one with 10k Ohm series attenuator like this https://www.khozmo.com/series_khozmo_attenuator.html from Arek it seems the input impedance of the preamp will always at 10k Ohm constant, but the...
  17. Y

Passive pre amp impedance question

Hi all, i am currently looking for a passive preamp to use with the 8030C and holo audio spring 2 dac since directly connecting the 8030c at min sensitivity to the dac makes loud level at 5% of dac output which just kills off the dac SINAD, currently I am using a Taurus mk II as preamp and set...
  18. Y

Budget Passive pre amp attenuator suggestion

Hi guys, I am recently enjoying my 8030C with using the Auralic Taurus Mk II headphone amp's preamp output as my volume control, but then the problem arose when the amp have no gain setting available and with 20dB+ of gain, which makes I only have one click of the DACT attenuator range even at...
  19. Y

Why the Genelec 8030C isn't in the master review index?

Any idea of that? purely looking at the list I only find the 8341A
  20. Y

Any interest or schedule to measure focal shape?

Beside the result, I read that there are problem with the standby function and that it got heat issue as it uses class AB amp without heat sink, would be interesting to see if amirm will found those being true
Top Bottom