Search results

1. Old Listener

Covid-19 people's stories

My wife and I are retired. We are able to minimize our contact with others. We wear masks whenever we will be closer than 10 feet from others. We cut out trips and seeing friends. We may be bored but we are safe. What about those whose work requires much more contact with others? Every...
  2. Old Listener

Very good tech, very bad tech and the in-between

I thought about the new tech stuff I've acquired over the last 2-3 years. Some things stand out as the best and the worst. The very best for me has been streaming video. I'm no longer tied to a cable channel's schedule and I'm not paying for all those channels that I never watch. I binged...
  3. Old Listener

I keep getting locked out from posting

When I use the forum, I see a banner saying that the forum s/w can't send emails to my email address. Then I am not able to post anything. The message at the end of a thread says that I have insufficient privileges. I can go to my account and change my email address and successfully reply to...
  4. Old Listener

Waveform Mach 17 3-way active speakers - want to take them off my hands? almost FREE

I've gotten new active studio monitor speakers and no longer have a use for the Waveform Mach 17 speakers I've used in my main system since ~1998. I'd prefer to have the speakers go to someone who will find a use for them as opposed to their going to a dump. Three photos of the speakers...
  5. Old Listener

What's on your Black Friday / Cyber Monday (audio) list and why?

I have one major audio purchase left: new powered speakers for our main system. I've been doing consumer research for several years and I'm ready to buy. However, I'm stuck waiting for reviews and user reports on the JBL 705P which is the leading contender. Here are the alternatives I'm...
  6. Old Listener

Suggestion for an active threads button

When I look at ASR, I want to quickly see activity since my last visit. The "recent activity" list does that but enumerating every post that's new to me makes it cumbersome for me to use. I have to scan down to find each separate thread with new content. What I want is a list of threads that...
  7. Old Listener

Will JBL Pro replace the 4 series active monitors?

I am in the process of replacing all the computer and audio gear in our home. I have been using powered speakers for some years and want to continue with then. I like companies that do real engineering and are around for the long term. JBL is one such company. I note that the JBL Pro 4...
Top Bottom