Search results

1. L

AIYIMA A70 Stereo Amplifier Review

The sub cutoff frequency looks like it was designed to work in a sound bar configuration, with tiny main speakers. Would be more useful if it had standard tone controls on the pre-amp.
  2. L

Yamaha R-S202 Receiver Review

For the money ($129 at some sites) it's a great deal compared to other alternatives at similar cost where you get nothing but a mini power amp and no switching, and no tuner. Who doesn't like an FM tuner :) I voted fine. Would go higher but a proper stereo receiver should include a phono...
  3. L

Lehmannaudio Decade Phono Stage Review

Guess I don't see the heavy duty construction aspect of this... look like a DIY project to me. In any case not worth the price.
  4. L

Wharfedale Denton 80th Anniversary Speaker Review

As long as the doctor doesn't do a "teardown" right after taking measurements, probably OK.
  5. L

Wharfedale Denton 80th Anniversary Speaker Review

Never heard those... but like other Wharfedales. The little Diamond 12.0's are very good in a small setup for much less... the Lintons are on my list.
  6. L

Arylic BP50 Preamp with HDMI ARC Review

I gave it a "fine", no head blown off for the price. Because nobody makes a product like this anymore - and 82'ish is not horrible for analog in/out with switching (or DAC in). How's that phono preamp measure? Ha ha. Improve the performance and then put it in a standard size case.
  7. L

3e Audio TPA3255 Amplifier Kit 480-1-29A Review

Same. The 3e looks like what I built some time ago with the TI EVM board and 48 V 6A Meanwell supply. No PFFB on the eval boards - but it sounds great. If 3e had a passive Alps in it... would be even better!
  8. L

Master "deals" (massdrop, ebay, Amazon, etc.) Thread on Audio Product Sales

B Stock Wharfedale Diamond 12.0 - for $139. 10% coupon code code on Cyber Monday too - but think that's gone now. Had to get a pair. https://www.musicdirect.com/equipment/speakers/wharfedale-diamond-12-0-bookshelf-speakers-black-pair-b-stock/
  9. L

Master "deals" (massdrop, ebay, Amazon, etc.) Thread on Audio Product Sales

3050s have been a good price for a while on Amazon too - Q Acoustics deals https://www.qacoustics.com/collections/black-friday
  10. L

EAR Yoshino 834L Deluxe Preamp Review

If only somebody would make a 2 channel preamp (solid state) with an input selector like this. So many good power amps to choose from these days. So few actual real preamps other than DACs with maybe an extra analog input to buy. At least this tube amp put in the extras, regardless of...
  11. L

BUCKEYEAMPS Hypex NCx500 Amplifier 2channel Review

Reviewer seems a little giddy on this one. Comments like "after I fried the amp" are misleading, PS is clearly underrated for the spec. Then again just about every low cost class D amp out there is too - and who really needs 700W? Buckeye seems like a decent product for the price.
  12. L

TP RA3 Rackmount Amplifier Review

Lol. So you going to mount one of these things in an Ikea Lack table? That's like drilling into a cardboard box, not very pro. Not that I dislike Ikea or anything I use the them to store vinyl - but first rule of thumb with Ikea furniture is do not drill. Only way to mount rack eq (if this...
  13. L

TP RA3 Rackmount Amplifier Review

Product is interesting only because of the form factor (with the wider case and not your typical mini box falling off the shelf). Ditch those rack ears - this is not a pro amp, and not many people are going to have rack at home to mount it if as stated this is for home use. Some of the better...
  14. L

Measured performance of my Denon PMA-2500NE

For the money the 900HNE looks like a great deal as well with the streaming options added. And am sure it sounds good, have never ran into a Denon amp that didn't. Visually they look nearly identical. Internally different amplification. Does it have the same fit and finish as the next...
  15. L

Measured performance of my Denon PMA-2500NE

Am interested in buying a Denon PMA 1600/1700. Wondering how it worked out for the @fendersrule. From I can gather the 1600/1700 differences are the electronic volume control, updated OLED display, and addition of external power amp input (something I wouldn't be using in the 2 chan system)...
  16. L

Aiyima A07 Pro Amplifier Review

It's middle of the pack on SINAD on power, has decent power, costs less than $100, and has tone controls. Nobody buys these kinds of amps looking for a "defeatable" tone control (nonsense), they buy them because they want some tone controls with their crap little speakers lol and that's that...
  17. L

Eversolo DMP-A6 Streamer Review

LMS needs a DSP solution. But other than that - would also beg to differ. It's been around 10+ years and still ticking, unlike a lot of other streamers.
  18. L

"No such need is there today with streamers." Exactly. So why pay more for them? Or use them as a criteria to evaluate a streamer.
  19. L

I don't know what a pull streamer is either or why it's not the right way to do things. The device pictures are pretty but are not real meters, was doing that with a SB touch 10 years ago or with other open source solutions. The DAC measurements are good - but so are sub $200 DACs these...
  20. L

Topping PA7 Plus Amplifier Review

Not sure I would agree they are poor design choice at all price points, they offer great value at the lower end.
Top Bottom