Search results

1. BogdanR

Fosi Audio V3 Amplifier Review

Amazon, CAD399.99 brand spanking new, recommended by Amir. And by me (not that it actually matters ) https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B09BMWF1NR/
  2. BogdanR

That would have to be a quantum amplifier of some sort.
  3. BogdanR

I would imagine a 2V input would be standard… but… I will power a pair of Polks Signature Elite ES20 hopefully to (mild) party levels and I’d rather not fry anything Ultimately I may go with feeding the V3 directly from the EVGA pre output on my media center while having the 48V PSU feeding the...
  4. BogdanR

The GIGO principle. Garbage In, Garbage Out.
  5. BogdanR

The Polks recommended by this site are not expensive at all. Most are 4 Ohms (and a little under in spots)
  6. BogdanR

Late to the party here but with a simple question: would this amp work in a power amp configuration? I mean like hooked up to my small NAD pre? I haven’t seen anywhere actual I/O specs on this. Actually input specs would be good I think. It matters very little to me whether I control the...
  7. BogdanR

Stereophile 2023 recommended gear list

1. I haven't attacked anyone, maybe you want to revisit my comments. 2. I haven't been aggressive one iota and offered no apologies for any rag in existence. 3. I'm pretty happy with who I am, not looking for anything really. 4. You seem to believe that lobbying vitriol at anything or anyone...
  8. BogdanR

I'm glad I gave you the opportunity to reframe what you said, even though that is still not exactly accurate. I'm thinking of brands like Maranz, Denon, Nak or Accuphase among others who made the list throughout the '80s pretty consistently. As for the vitriol, I hope you realize "excreates" is...
  9. BogdanR

Never gave or taken your permission to do anything. Let's be clear here.
  10. BogdanR

Oy Vey! All I have to do now is to bow to your Alphaness. Or something. I'm not pissed really, it just warrants more disappointment with this sort of comment threads. With this I'm out of this conversation, I'm turning off the notifications on this thread. Better things to do with my Sunday in...
  11. BogdanR

I don’t disagree with the ”broad church“ statement. It is what it is, nothing more nothing less. And I’m not attempting to suppress anyone else’s reaction. Just wondering about the level of vitriol unquestionably present in some comments here.
  12. BogdanR

Your word, and your thinking, not mine.
  13. BogdanR

Because it throws them off?
  14. BogdanR

Technics SL-1200G: $3999 incl. tonearm. A Class A product listed in the very list derided here. The Sondek is listed below, in Class B. Perhaps you should read the list before casting any stones. I stand by what I’ve said. I can deeply disagree with something or someone without resorting to...
  15. BogdanR

Civility is pretty universal. Period.
  16. BogdanR

Laugh and move on? There are ways to point out the silliness of ”textural suppleness” without name calling, no? One can be civl with people, even with the ones who he disagrees deeply.
  17. BogdanR

Funny thing... I have purchased equipment based both on Stereophile's and Audioscience Review. I had hits and misses with both but somehow I managed not to blow my top off neither when when I read about $10k "transparent" AC cables I will never, ever buy, nor when I actually buy inexpensive...
  18. BogdanR

The vitriol on display here is quite off putting sometimes. Most of your "searchers" are most likely moderate people so they would go searching for answers someplace else.
  19. BogdanR

Thank you, you've made my point and continue to do so quite eloquently. The Grand Anti Stereophile Crusade continues in a place it won't make one iota of difference whatsoever. But hey, it's your breath to waste, who am I to tell you how to waste it?
  20. BogdanR

I’m always amazed at the amount of vitriol levelled at publications such as Stereophile. If these people and their reviews are not worth anything, why would they be worth the amount of time spent bashing them? Especially in a forum in which none of the people buying $300k turntables will ever...
Top Bottom