Search results

1. V

Did You Actually Buy a New Disc Recently?

Kid A Mnesia LP & CD https://kida-mnesia.com/
  2. V

AHB2 Mono v Stereo - what is audible?

@Coach_Kaarlo recording #1 is forward, dare I say better instrument separation(?), and potentially stronger bass response. What are the results of this test?
  3. V

Matrix Audio X-SABRE Pro MQA: Best Audio DAC in the World?

It is *not* compatible with standard 12-volt trigger ports.
  4. V

PS Audio Talking Smack About Amirm

Interested and would back a Pizza-ASR spinoff. 'Pizza Science Review', anyone?
  5. V

Have seen 'cognitive dissonance' bias used a few times incorrectly on ASR. Think the accurate bias for what you're describing is 'choice supportive bias'. Or we can simply say 'cognitive bias', that works.
  6. V

Is it also possible that far less of Paul's customers know about ASR? If so, mentioning ASR could mean more people paying attention to well measured gear (unfortunately not something PSA gear do well). That could result in a PSA exodus for Paul (ie. bad business).
  7. V

I do agree with the sentiment that ASR members come off childish at times. Transparency and accountability behind the comments would do this place a lot of good. But in all fairness; I own the PS Audio GCD and have had difficulties with the dealer and PS Audio resolving a humming issue in the...
  8. V

Likely hurt PS Audio by mentioning Amir and ASR in his own video. Unnecessary.
  9. V

Assuming the streamer you've asked them about is the Mini-i 3/Mini-i Pro 3? As per your second question; that's my understanding. In the previous firmware, there was an issue where MQA filters were not loading correctly (via USB).
  10. V

Assumed that's where you were going with your question. Didn't expect us to think you were generally curious, did you ;) Without going into detail about the merit well-built components have over sound quality; as someone who appreciates good engineering *and* good design, I tend to back...
  11. V

Mainly linear power supply and I2S output to play nice with XSP. Second, uni chassis and similar look and feel of the well-built XSP.
  12. V

Likewise. A dedicated streamer version of the Mini-i Pro 2S (no DAC, no headphone, plus digital outs) would be great.
  13. V

Would have been nice to see a revised version of the Mini-i Pro 2S in black and silver with digital output including I2S to pair with the XSP. That would be ideal for the separates crowd and those of us that love the XSP but would like to add a streamer. Looks like Gustard S16 is the best...
  14. V

@Novak @Triumph_900 unfortunately what was announced was not the contender to the Gustard S16 as initially assumed. This was the announced streamer from Matrix Audio.
  15. V

Matrix Audio Element Streamers

One of the reasons I prefer the X Sabre Pro over the Element X is because it comes in black. For whatever it's worth; a unibody not too dissimilar to the X-SPDIF 2 with a linear power supply and RJ45 input / I2S output would pair nicely with the XSP and enable streaming for folks that use the...
  16. V

Why has Audio (and maybe all hobbies) become so hostile?

For the OP; how we take other people's words is completely up to us. Yes, peoples' words can be thick but it's more likely that we are taking their words personally.
  17. V

Matrix Audio Element i USB DAC & Streamer Review

Aluminum unibody plus DSP features in a X Sabre Pro streamer companion -- yes please.
Top Bottom